Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
local trails rider
12,300 Posts
cyrus said:
i will tell my friend how much you liked his work, he will be very happy...
I see your friend has been making some more frames. I still like the style:thumbsup:
https://vagabondecycles.blogspot.com/

The SS bike looks pretty good too. Does he also make the forks?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Find one of these... The best bike Ive ever had. Goes up faster than my buddies on FSR's and kills them on the way down

Attachments

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Great thread! I have to say, I have a soft spot for an AM hardtail. Something that carn a 140-150mm fork, yum.

Time to go look at some finances, and free up some cash :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
cyrus said:
that's my bike you are depicting... it was welded by one of my friends, who lives in france and who may one day start building bikes for others, but right now he only does it for friends...

it is a all mountain hardtail, i plan to use it for allmost anything: technical xc, DH, freeride. it takes the place of a yeti 575.
i also own a singlespeed voodoo wanga, more XC oriented, and a road fixie for around paris transportation...
Cyrus, I can't decide if I should replace my fs with another fs (Heckler?) or with a steel "aggressive" ht. like yours. I see you come from a 575: how do you feel riding with an hardtail with respect to a full-suspended bike? I like technical/aggressive xc and I'd be interested in opinions about comfort... I mean: I know I'll be slower on descents, but I reckon an hardtail it's funny to ride; I'm just a bit concerned for my back!

101 - 107 of 107 Posts