Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Revel Rascal
598 Posts
Anyone know where this is filmed at, is it a long stretch, or a short stretch filmed a bunch of times.
Sullivan Ridge in the Santa Monica Mountains. The run is known as "Jedi", a singletrack etched out of an old firebreak that runs parallel to the ridge fireroad. It is a long stretch, and you're only seeing portions of two major segments. There's more to it including some steep climbs. It's not shuttleable. Five-mile fireroad climb to get to the very top, which takes the average recreational mountain biker about 45 minutes. Curtis bangs out the climb in half that time.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok cool thanks, will have to check it out next time I am down that way.
If you are coming from the 405, take Sunset west towards the ocean. When you get to Mandeville Canyon Road, take a right, and then take a right on Westridge. Take a left on Bayliss and park near the gate on Queensferry.

Climb Sullivan Canyon, which will take you to the top of Sullivan Ridge. Do the singletrack down, then look for a telephone pole once you are on pavement again which will have a trail that leads back into the canyon. It's easy to miss if you aren't looking. Careful on the goat trail back down.

Here is the loop for reference: Mountain Bike Ride Profile | A bit of work, and a bit of BRAAAAAAP near Los Angeles | Times and Records | Strava

·
Registered
172 Posts
I was there this morning, early. My usual before work ride. The only way I could ever get within the realm of Keene's times down Jedi is for someone to tell me at the top that there was a free pizza and burrito buffet at the bottom, but it was ending soon.

Even then I'd probably only make it down to find all that was left were veggie burritos. now I'm mad. This make believe scenario has angered me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.