Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ride up Curtis Creek lately? I know a bunch of gravel was put down last year making the climb really rough and slow over what it used to be.... Has it smoothed back out with time and traffic? Inquiring ORAMM minds want to know!

Thanks!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
depends on if you are hitting it after already riding 3-4 hours to get there and you are spent.
If you are in really good shape I would say a mix of middle with a little bit of small ring to rest... Last time I did it it was a mix of middle, little, standing while pedaling, and walking just to change muscle groups because it is such a long climb and I was toast before I even started

·
Registered
373 Posts
mikeridesabike said:
How steep is CC road? Is it a middle ring climb? Granny gear? Or something in between?
From Jarret Creek Road to the Parkway it's right at 9 miles and 3000' up. 2500' of that 3000' comes in the last 5 miles. Those 5 certainly weren't a middle ring climb for me in last years ORAMM. Actually, the 4 times I've climbed it it's never been a middle ringer after the first 4 miles or so, but that's me.

·
Registered
91 Posts
We rode Curtis Creek / Heartbreak Ridge / Kitsumi on Sunday. What a blast! On Curtis Creek we encountered newer loose gravel just after you pass the last designated campsite. It was the roughest around 2 or 3 creek crosssings. Heartbreak was awesome, there was this one section where a small river of water seemed to have taken over.... GREAT ride:thumbsup:

·
"Ride Lots" Eddy Merckx
665 Posts
Little ring!!! Middle ring???!!!! I big ring that b*tch on my worst day, hungover while dragging my kid on a trail-a-bike!!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ya Kris, I forgot, I will probably be in my big next time up since getting the Niner, still loving it. ;)

·
Registered
434 Posts
look daddy

While the climb might not be that hard on you or your trailer, kkjellquist I hope you can find it. Maybe that's a good idea, pulling your daughter up Curtis Creek. She can point out the bright orange flags to daddy.

·
Registered
434 Posts
coasting uphill

That response made my morning. I'd tell you I'd keep an eye out for you going up, but I don't want to have to keep looking over my shoulder.

·
"Ride Lots" Eddy Merckx
665 Posts
CHIEF said:
That response made my morning. I'd tell you I'd keep an eye out for you going up, but I don't want to have to keep looking over my shoulder.
the only way you're looking back at me on Curtis Creek is if I am riding 'sweep'....just go ahead and change your screen name to LanternRouge! ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts