Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of going up there (from Laramie) tomorrow morning, or sometime Saturday, or maybe both, thought I'd see if anyone wants to go- I've got extra rack space. Guess the new El Alto trail is not to be missed. :thumbsup:

sam

·
Registered
91 Posts
I could possibly ride Saturday, but if I can't make it I would recommend you ride El Alto clockwise. Knee and elbow pads wouldn't be a bad idea for El Alto, this aint Happy Jack Toto! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wish I had read that a couple hours ago. Single speeders especially should pack their extra large balls for counter clockwise.:thumbsup: That is a sweet trail. :D I'll probably go back some time tomorrow, will be mid- late morning or afternoon, have some stuff to do.

sam

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, checked out the overlook. Very nice. Don't own protection other than a helmet, though I can see where it would be useful on stuff like that. I've only recently become single again- do chicks still dig scars? :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
The granite at Gowdy has quite the rough texture. It tends to remove skin, subQ fat layers, etc., very efficiently.

You asked, "Do chicks dig scars?" I can only speculate that in general, they don't -- unless they appreciate the sport of MTBing, in which case, they would likely be very impressed. Hint for single guy riders: First check her ring finger, and then a quick scan of her shins, if visible. That will reveal a lot about riding preferences and possible compatibility.

·
The Silent Rider
303 Posts
some guys

are going up to Curt Gowdy from Cheyenne on Saturday morning for a group ride. Not sure which trails but that will be discussed when they all show up. I think they are meeting at 0500 and will be moving out sometime after that....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.