Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Just rode water dog ... And stopping to iPhone a update before I ride to skeggs.. My bike and I are totaly clean:) there are a few water spots but they are easily avoided if your pace is lowered.. I went and am going slow today anyway my leggs are trashed from my last push.. Ok back on the bike I have one more loop to do in water dog. Then kings and skeggs-- I post a pic if trail or better yet the condition on my bike tonight

·
Registered
626 Posts
-

The image is how clean I am after doing the trails at water dog today! Did the same loops as in the video map https://www.destinationproductions....HD/Water_Dog_Video_Trail_Map_SMALL/index.html up creek/finch etc... the trails is in great shape.

After my brother loaded up I did another loop and rode to Skeggs. The water is really starting to run in the creek along Kings Mountain. So, I should have known NOT to enter CM01 and ride Sierra M - It was too messy for my liking so I exited and rode Skyline to CM05.. I did the Passion Trails suggested loop .. Blue Blossom -- good shape a couple of trees down, crossover, crosscut and manzanita, are great. ECM trail, well not so much... again to wet for me.. So doing a couple of loops in at CM05 out at the top of Manzanita and CM01 will keep your bike fairly clean.. The pedal home was wet..

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm thinkin of hitting Waterdog or China Camp tomorrow, thanks for the update! I usually do the advanced loop that Passion Trail bikes has mapped out, went there a couple weeks ago and I was a mess.

·
Registered
6,543 Posts
Ugh. I got back from my ride about an hour ago (SS CX) and rode the single track to Fortini Rd. where the entrance to Santa Teresa Park is (of course I didn't have any intentions on going in since the trails are closed). The dirt clay was so bad just on that trail that my wheels wouldn't turn. I had to hike a bike all the way to the pavement and use a stick to get it all off.

Then I went and did single-speed hill intervals on the Almaden side of Camden Ave., so at least I got something done.

My guess is that Santa Teresa County park is going to be closed for awhile with the rains coming and all.

·
Registered
626 Posts
hoseman581 said:
I'm thinkin of hitting Waterdog or China Camp tomorrow, thanks for the update! I usually do the advanced loop that Passion Trail bikes has mapped out, went there a couple weeks ago and I was a mess.
the same -- as I rode today-- but on the return loop I climb to the right and continue on john brooks rather than repeating the single track -- BTW Passion has a video map of the loop and soon I post Purisima, Skeggs, and a loop thru all six of the open space areas starting at the gap working north..

·
Registered
62 Posts
diver160651 said:
the same -- as I rode today-- but on the return loop I climb to the right and continue on john brooks rather than repeating the single track -- BTW Passion has a video map of the loop and soon I post Purisima, Skeggs, and a loop thru all six of the open space areas starting at the gap working north..
when you climb up to the right does that make so you can descend all the switchbacks in the beginning? I'm still trying to figure out all the turns on those trails. I have yet to try Skeggs.

·
Registered
626 Posts
hoseman581 said:
when you climb up to the right does that make so you can descend all the switchbacks in the beginning? I'm still trying to figure out all the turns on those trails. I have yet to try Skeggs.
There are 4 main trails starting from the main trail head all climb up first. Upper Creek is the first left and the way I like to start, Creek is just below that and basically a straight shot from the trailhead. They both end up at finch -- about 20 switch backs on the climb, the first trail to your right is Chaparral and has a few switch backs going up -- the trail to the hard right is Elevator--- it is a very steep and loose fire-road. Sounds like your starting at the top of lake trail fireroad road... if so you might what to try the main trailhead -- somehow the trail for me rides better. I think you mentioned you might be riding today.. I'll be riding a few laps maybe we can hook up for one.. What time are you riding? I will be on a red and black S-works epic.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I like starting on the one to the left as well. I have riden that one a few times. I like climbing all those switchbacks too. On the way back is where I get a little confused after doing the fire road part on which trail to turn off on.

I should be out there around 0830-0900ish on a silver Trek. Maybe we'll cross paths.

·
Registered
626 Posts
hoseman581 said:
I like starting on the one to the left as well. I have riden that one a few times. I like climbing all those switchbacks too. On the way back is where I get a little confused after doing the fire road part on which trail to turn off on.

I should be out there around 0830-0900ish on a silver Trek. Maybe we'll cross paths.
send me a email [email protected] I'll meet you out there

·
ROOOOOOOO
1,669 Posts
I agree. I went for a ride yesterday evening at water dog based on your advice (no harm no foul), and it was a mess. Went up the hill, came down. Most everything was wet. Will do trailwork to make up for it!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nice meeting up with you diver!! I really felt like a rolling roadblock riding with you!! That video you did of the trail is really nice! Maybe we'll see you on that side after the next storm dries out a little!

My buddies chain snapped about 3-5 minutes after we split from you, bout a 1/4 mile from the car.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.