Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night a little more snow fell on to the already snowy trails. And as I rode this afternoon the snow continued to lightly fall. I rode up Hulls, down the Freeway, tried to climb Sidewinder, then back via Kestrel and Chickadee.

The Freeway is snowy and difficult to ride, and Sidewinder is unrideable due to the snow depth, but otherwise it was nice out! The temps were great.

I ran into Gary at the top of Hull's (imagine seeing him on the trail) and took a picture of me riding. It took me almost two hours to do a ride than normally takes one. The going is slow - but fun.

·
just a man
1,865 Posts
Nice vintage mtb Eric. It's like a flashback riding that thing I bet. I had a sweet Haro Impulse that got me started in the stuff. Sorta miss that bike.

The velopark was nice this afternoon, lots of snow. Rode all over the place. No tire tracks were left either. Just skis and boots.

·
Registered
5,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
obrianmcc said:
We rode the same loop on Sat.....thye upper part of Hulls was kind of a pain...edges real soft and pretty trampled by hikers. Needed another 20-30 bikes to pass and burn in a line.
Yeah, below the "big rock" the trail was 100% rideable. Above it most was rideable until the last few pitches. After a few more people ride, it should get better.

Old bikes are great for snow riding, as you never get moving fast enough to need suspension, there are a lot fewer components to damage in the numerous low-speed crashes, and there are no seals to damage in the ice. By the end of the ride I was regretting having clipless pedals on the bike, as both pedals were encased in big balls of ice. Flats would have been a much better choice.

·
Back of the pack fat guy
4,008 Posts
Current trail conditions are not.

Rubber.

I need more wax on my board.

Anybody spare some bikini wax? Maybe some balsamic vinegar and rabid chimps?

Light a fire under my @ss and sprinkle me with popcorn butter.

I have salad in my panties.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.