Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its early in the season but any current info on MRT?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the update

·
Old and Crusty
184 Posts
So I rode the lower end of it last weekend, very nice. Nothing you wouldn't expect this time of year. There's a lot of areas where the trail had become a river, washing off the pine needles and surface, but still ride-able. I rode up to the lower reservoir and back to the TH, good ride and very pretty. There's probably a total of 2-3 trees that you have to stop and clear your bike over, but a lot has been sawed out already. I didn't see any standing water, but there's a lot of high water evidence. Bridges are all passable and in good condition.
JB

·
it means 'no problem'
508 Posts
A friend just hiked the portion from Carmen to Blue Pool and reported muddy spots and 5 trees down.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bump for any updates

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Conditions are as good as I've ever seen on the MRT.

I rode the entire trail both directions on Monday. Great conditions. A handful of short wet spots at the normal seeps south of the reservoir, which are almost always wet. One short stretch (two bike lengths long) of snow just south of Clear Lake which is probably melted by the time anyone reads this. One tree which could be easily rolled off the trail by a party of 3.

So virtually all of the trail is clean and firm and fast.

Go get it!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
great thanks for the update

1 - 9 of 9 Posts