Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Resident Curmudgeon
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
near Castle Rock : Clear and cold. Temps in the shade are 32.6, we had 1/4 of an inch of rain yesterday so the tack on the trails should be perfect. scattered clouds and a light breeze:thumbsup:

great day for a ride

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Buzz Cut said:
near Castle Rock : Clear and cold. Temps in the shade are 32.6, we had 1/4 of an inch of rain yesterday so the tack on the trails should be perfect. scattered clouds and a light breeze:thumbsup:

great day for a ride
Thanks for the update. Headed up there, somewhere, right now. :thumbsup:

·
Resident Curmudgeon
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went trail running in Sanborn instead of riding, the air was very damp

this is how I layered up

the only Natural fiber I wear is wool running socks everthing else is synthetic and layered on the core and to protect my boys.

Trail running shoes by new balance with smartwool socks, mid weight ploypro running shorts [form fitting] mid weight tights, short sleve poly pro tee, long sleve poly pro tee windproof XC ski weight top, lightweight poly pro gloves and cap fanny pack with waterbottle and cell phone

pics from the 10k run

·
Registered
190 Posts
At 10:30 I went up Windy hill and rode the trails to Alpine. I don't know what the temp was but I was freezing. Got a headache and my hands went numb. It took 10 minutes in the truck with the heater on full before my hands felt better.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The seriousness of your technical gear layering is awesome. Gear junky on overload...nice.

So, sorry for the hijack but I'm a bit off the back following the news on MTB access in Sanborn. The new trail proposal went through, right? Is there a good site somewhere with details on all this, when access to MTB's will likely start, what types of trails will be open (e.g., fireroad only, single track, etc.), and probably most importantly - how to chip in with new trail building and maintenance efforts?

·
Resident Curmudgeon
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Slap Happy said:
The seriousness of your technical gear layering is awesome. Gear junky on overload...nice.

So, sorry for the hijack but I'm a bit off the back following the news on MTB access in Sanborn. The new trail proposal went through, right? Is there a good site somewhere with details on all this, when access to MTB's will likely start, what types of trails will be open (e.g., fireroad only, single track, etc.), and probably most importantly - how to chip in with new trail building and maintenance efforts?
yeah I'm a gear junkie LOL

I spoke with a County Parks ranger following an incident in the park before xmas. She said that the plan allowing MT Bikes in the park was a go. There is a bunch of trail work thats needs to be done before they can open it up to us. My take is with the financial state of Santa Clara Co. unless we as a community step up with a big volunteer labor pool the opening is going to be very much later rather than sooner. As for a contact?? Sanborn Park HQ and County Parks HQ seems like a good place to start
http://www.sccgov.org/portal/site/p...ntId=b6b698ba77784010VgnVCM10000048dc4a92____

as well as some of the local Mt Bike trail advocacy groups

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.