Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everytime I get enough cash to buy new MTB clothes, I find myself staring at racks of crappy jerseys that I don't want to spend $30-$50 on. I was wondering if everyone else is as unhappy as I am with with Fox Racing, Primal, Sugoi, Performance, and every other brand out there right now. I'd like to see something other than the standard red, black, blue, or grey jerseys.

·
Registered
32 Posts
[retro-grouch mode: on]

Get dressed:

1. Band T-Shirt from whatever era/genre you "represent".

2. Lycra shorts from when you "were" a roadie....UNDER:

3. Cargo shorts from Big Dogs ©

[retro-grouch mode: off]

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
I tend not to like team kits or bike branded jerseys and shorts on the MTB or the road bike for that matter. I cant bear to see hordes of people in Postal kit either. The only kit I like is the MTBR kit I own, and I wear that quite often on the MTB.

The one thing I like is just simple colors and my color of choice is Black and Blue so I spent some $$$$ on some Assos stuff, and I am happy with the simple, non out there look that these clothes come in. Oh and their Chamois absolutely rock and their fabric technology is way ahead of any other brand for that matter. Only downside is shorts are like $290 a pair here in Australia.

Their winter clothing is hands down the best i have ever seen in shops.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Brady said:
Everytime I get enough cash to buy new MTB clothes, I find myself staring at racks of crappy jerseys that I don't want to spend $30-$50 on. I was wondering if everyone else is as unhappy as I am with with Fox Racing, Primal, Sugoi, Performance, and every other brand out there right now. I'd like to see something other than the standard red, black, blue, or grey jerseys.
Here ya go!

·
otb club member
3,014 Posts
Don't like the MTB jerseys very much...

Brady said:
I get most of my jerseys at the MX shop. The MX jerseys have better material (perferated, quick dry), are long sleeved, loose fit, better graphics, and no lame zippers. However, the Oakley MTB shorts rock.

-Chris
http://www.enduroforkseals.com/

Attachments

·
Not sure what to type?
566 Posts
Walmart to the rescue...

You can get Starter jerseys at Walmart for $15.95.
They are made from the same sweat wicking material and come in a variety of colors.
I've got three (red, blue/grey, and black).

·
120 pounds of xc sex!
639 Posts
yup.

i agree, 50 bucks to advertise for someone else! ********.

this is probably a long shot, but i went to a "the" Gap (gasp! the horror!) and found cheap plain color jerseys. a grey short sleve for 11 bucks (polyester), a long sleve blue lycra jersey for 8 bucks, and another long sleve that is a little thicker for the fall, all for 30 bucks. (all on sale, we all know the ppl who shop there are posers and would have no use for real jerseys...they all go to the puma store)

and no they dont say the gap on them. but that would be pretty funny
(this was a couple months ago tho)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Oakleys are cool

I have never been a fan of wearing some other team's clothes... can't say I like much of the stuff available with or without the advertising. One exception is Oakley, who's stuff I like... and I'm lucky enough to live near an Oakley store (Mall of America) that has excellent selection. What few things they have not had (specific color/size) can be had from their toll-free store and they have a no-hassle return policy. I go for their baggies (ballistic or the 2.4) and their plain sleeveless tee-shirts. I guess you could call this the understated look, which suits me fine.

·
Premium Member
6,935 Posts
I can't help with the shorts much because I think all the baggies are basically a choice of what looks the least bad. I tend to ride with lycra shorts, they don't get hung up. For Jersey's check out Velowear, the Voler stuff rocks for the money. Also, I bought a jersey from Velowear and ordered the wrong size, they sent me a self addressed envelope with the replacement jersey so I didn't have to pay return shipping.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.