Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious. What are the main differences between the Tracer and The Uzzi Sl? I realize the SL has slightly more travel 4.0 vs 4.5 but with the limited information on the SL on the web now I was just curious where the rest changes occur. Is the SL just a beefed up tracer for burlier riders? Is made to be a free-ride or dual slalom?

·
Black Lion
4,431 Posts
Before I had my first Tracer I got a 2002 SL.
The rear ends are identical except for the link itself which as you state gives 4.5 inches of travel. The front triangle is beffier than the Tracer with gussets around the head tube. The seat mast assemblY is adjustable as well as some of the other known Tracer adjustments. The seat mast is what turned me off from the SL. I could never get used to the "straddleing a horse" feel on my SL. It just didn't feel good to me personally. So I was lucky enough to make a switch and get my Tracer.

The ride was very similar to the Tracer. The suspension did feel much softer. But that could be attributed to the old school Fox RC coil over shock that I had. The Frame is tougher but I would not consider it a "free-ride" frame. Maybe just a burly all mountain bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
yogreg said:
Before I had my first Tracer I got a 2002 SL.
The rear ends are identical except for the link itself which as you state gives 4.5 inches of travel. The front triangle is beffier than the Tracer with gussets around the head tube. The seat mast assemblY is adjustable as well as some of the other known Tracer adjustments. The seat mast is what turned me off from the SL. I could never get used to the "straddleing a horse" feel on my SL. It just didn't feel good to me personally. So I was lucky enough to make a switch and get my Tracer.

The ride was very similar to the Tracer. The suspension did feel much softer. But that could be attributed to the old school Fox RC coil over shock that I had. The Frame is tougher but I would not consider it a "free-ride" frame. Maybe just a burly all mountain bike.
The earlier SL didn't have the head tube reinforcement. Take a look here for older Intense websites.

Ole.

·
whatever she says gueuze.
370 Posts
hello

basically the SL has a little more travel (4.5") and an adjustable TT length. Also, most later SL models came with vanilla RC coil shocks while tracers came with float air shocks. ....let me know if you're in the market for a SL because I have a barely used '02 white SL for sale.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts