Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Curious about TN

1K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  rmb_mike 
StumpyinTN said:
You are into freeriding, and you don't like HC? WTF.
While freeriding is technically 'free' riding and can be anything other than sanctioned racing, the version that you and I speak of involves dirt jumps, drops and North Shore style wooden stunts, none of which are currently part of HC...or ANY public trail here in MT for that matter.
Hamilton Creek is SOOOOO not a freeride trail. Not even close. When I see some dirt jumps, and some SMOOTH, FLOWY trails with some wooden stunts, then I'll like it.

Nextly, I ride a Transition Bottlerocket that was designed for smooth, fast, flowy trails. They don't fare well in rock gardens with the name of Hamilton Creek. In fact, I didn't even like riding my Marin or RM Edge XC bikes on that trail.
Long Hunter is a way better example of a smoother, more flowy trail (even though it's an XC trail, I like it really well).

Hollis said:
Nashville:
Hamilton Creek 12 miles of rocky rooty goodness.
Exit 59 on I-24 @ Antioch
Matter of opinion, buddy.
I live all of five miles from Hammy and it still remains my last choice of XC trails (when I ride XC that is). Way too technical, rocky and rooty for me. I'd rather go ride in circles in my back yard than to ride at Hammy.
Best trail in middle TN is Montgomery Bell, about 30 miles west of Nashville, then probably Lock 4 in Gallatin (about 30 miles NE of Nashville).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.