Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I need more time
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok basically i was just wondering what the general feeling about these four different manufactueres of shocks is out there.

if its not too much hassle could you please put these in order form 1 being best and 4 the worst and feel free to give any reasons of why you feel which should go where.

at the minute mine would look like this but i'm pretty much just going on cool ness cause i have only used rock shox products. (i'm a beginner)

1 Marzocchi
2 Manitou
3 Fox
4 Rock Shox

This mite all be a daft idea but i'd love to see how people rate these big names. Dont worry if i've missed any other names i just wnna compare these four

Thanks in advance

·
giddy up!
3,249 Posts
hmmmmm....

I am not as concerned with "coolness" as I am with quality, so here goes.

Fox-overall quality and performance. stiff, east to work on, technologically advanced
marz/manitou-tied for second.
Rock Shox-last place. typically flexxy, not very innovative, replacement parts are never available after a year or two, etc.etc.etc.

My impressions on forks are based on 80-100mm forks. I could give a rat's a$% about longer travel stuff:)

·
Registered
11,716 Posts
Otay

kelesis said:
Ok basically i was just wondering what the general feeling about these four different manufactueres of shocks is out there.

if its not too much hassle could you please put these in order form 1 being best and 4 the worst and feel free to give any reasons of why you feel which should go where.

at the minute mine would look like this but i'm pretty much just going on cool ness cause i have only used rock shox products. (i'm a beginner)

1 Marzocchi
2 Manitou
3 Fox
4 Rock Shox

This mite all be a daft idea but i'd love to see how people rate these big names. Dont worry if i've missed any other names i just wnna compare these four

Thanks in advance
3. fox
1 marzocchi
2.mantou
4. RS

·
from the east
276 Posts
agree with others...

For all out quality and perfection, Fox, #1.
For absolute durability and friendly maintenance, Marzocchi, #2.

For innovation a bit ahead of the others lately, Manitou, #3.

For a lack of fifth place, RockShox, #4.

I don't have too much personal experience with Fox, but I think it is pretty self-explanatory that they are just making the most exquisite forks around. It's hard not to give Marzocchi the first place spot though, because we are all still paying off the debt we owe them for being the first to make Suspension Forks That Actually Work, back in 97 with the Bomber.

eric.

·
Registered
230 Posts
imo...

1-2) Tie between fox and marzocchi- both are plush, good quality, reliable and plenty stiff. Fox has the upper hand on weight and adjustability but Zokes are plusher yet have more controlled travel. also stiffer and the ECC/ETA, works better than TALAS, imo. Only downside to Zoke is that it is hard to adjust and takes forever to break-in

3)Manitou - good stuff but does not excel in any one field although the Dorados seem to be "the fork" for DHing and FRing (can't really say, never tried one). Good plushness, good quality, stiffness etc. The best thing though is the SPV tech. in their forks and shocks.

4)Rockshox - Lightweight, but that translated to flexy. If you're a light rider (around 130lbs maybe), RS, might work for you. The Boxxers seem to be good but not right out of the box, you need to do that "black box" upgrade or have it MOJOed or PUSHed before it becomes a top contender.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts