Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
I was just there about an hour ago. Very nice shop with a sofa area in the middle and a TV running with mtn and road video. The owner was very cool and they even have a shop dog...I'll get a picture next time.

They didn't have what I needed, however, instead of the "let me order it for you" he recommended two other local shops. A very knowledgeable owner/mechanic is always refreshing.

I appreciate not being repeatedly snubbed by teens who know next to nothing about bikes at a bike shop that sounds like Cactus...I mean Ractus. Don't flame, this is from my personal experience as a shopper.
 

·
Too many Sedonuts...
Joined
·
1,512 Posts
NardoSS said:
I appreciate not being repeatedly snubbed by teens who know next to nothing about bikes at a bike shop that sounds like Cactus...I mean Ractus. Don't flame, this is from my personal experience as a shopper.
Ruh-roh. Them's gonna be fightin words to somebody. (Not me) Flame on! :thumbsup:
 

·
Something goes here...
Joined
·
2,088 Posts
.downhillfaster. said:
No, neon lycra and complaining about the heat might
Then you better start riding with me again. I'll gladly bring that joy back. Although, this would mean a roadie for those 'warm' months.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,286 Posts
u2metoo said:
I noticed a new shop just opened up in Ahwatukee.

Curbside Cyclery located at 48th and Warner (between Baglenosh and Basha's) is lined up with Cannondale and some nice looking roadies by BH.
Curbside Cyclery used to be a mobile bike mechanic living in my neighborhood. I see the guy working on bikes in his garage sometimes, or driving around, but I haven't bothered him until now. Now that he has a shop I'll give him a try.

So far I like Landis best for bike repairs in the area.
 

·
more beers, lees gears.
Joined
·
1,191 Posts
rock on. Not sure I can have a cannondale shop work on anything of mine, but im glad this will give cactus some competition. I too have experienced the teen mechanics who know little.

too bad they are going home made on the website. I know some great shops with terrible marketing and websites. Then again, I know some good to bad shops with great marketing and websites.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,952 Posts
NardoSS said:
I was just there about an hour ago. Very nice shop with a sofa area in the middle and a TV running with mtn and road video. The owner was very cool and they even have a shop dog...I'll get a picture next time.

They didn't have what I needed, however, instead of the "let me order it for you" he recommended two other local shops. A very knowledgeable owner/mechanic is always refreshing.

I appreciate not being repeatedly snubbed by teens who know next to nothing about bikes at a bike shop that sounds like Cactus...I mean Ractus. Don't flame, this is from my personal experience as a shopper.
I gotta say I felt this way about cactus about a year ago, but things seem to have chaged and I think their shop service is now very good (48th and elliot at least).
They are very close to home for me and I bring my bikes there when I can't figure something out.
Give them another shot. I think they've worked the bugs out.
 

·
more beers, lees gears.
Joined
·
1,191 Posts
u2metoo said:
Not sure if you are riding KHS, but I did see their logo on Curbside's home page.
i actually havent had a KHS in 5 years. I was a noobie when I picked my mtbr name, and tried to incorporate my new bike into it.

I now learned that bikes tend to be a revolving mistress in my house. 6 months and Im onto a new one.

I just didnt feel like getting a new MTBR name that was more universal.

Im sure if they have some other rides there. I really want to demo a kona Ute or a Surly Big dummy. Maybe they will carry some other boutique brands. Niner? Lenz?
 

·
I have new balls
Joined
·
135 Posts
stop by and meet the owners, real nice people, shop looks sweet and the fact they have a coffee shop next door is cool. I like the way they had a big flat tv with couches was very inviting for a pre/post ride break, wish them a lot of luck. They seem to be more of a high end road shop but I like skinny tires too.
 

·
Fly High!
Joined
·
1,104 Posts
way-no said:
stop by and meet the owners, real nice people, shop looks sweet and the fact they have a coffee shop next door is cool. I like the way they had a big flat tv with couches was very inviting for a pre/post ride break, wish them a lot of luck. They seem to be more of a high end road shop but I like skinny tires too.
Ya if only they were more into Mountain and if only they had a Mexican food place next door.........and a walgreens that somehow is a Hot Babe vortex..............:D ..oh wait lol
 
G

·
RidingRiot said:
Ya if only they were more into Mountain and if only they had a Mexican food place next door.........and a walgreens that somehow is a Hot Babe vortex..............:D ..oh wait lol
Hot Babe Vortex! LMAO. So True... So True...

Come for the service, stay for the side show.:thumbsup:

Oh wait, thats right, I do all my own service, so I guess I am just there for the side show.
 

·
Something goes here...
Joined
·
2,088 Posts
RidingRiot said:
.........and a walgreens that somehow is a Hot Babe vortex..............:D
And why hasn't this info been added to the forums earlier? I call foul! You have officially lost your man card for 24 hours for not letting the rest of us know about this vortex. :D
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top