Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
VRC Illuminati
Joined
·
17,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's going to the Cupertino Bike Swap this Sunday?

I threw it out there for a post swap ride up Steven's Canyon (I'll flog a vintage bike of course).

Nothing crazy, but a nice little loop to the towers and back. Let me know if it's something you'd be interested in.

As posted in the VRC forum:
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=94040
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Aye aye, Cap'n

Captain Kana said:
I'll be there. Anyone else?
Dan C.
Dan- I'll be heading up there- still some gear to unload so I can finance my El Camino Ti hardtail... Hoping to have it ready for the Test of Metal in June (a sick 40+ mile XC race in Squamish BC). What time are you leaving Aptos? The website says it's open from 10 to 4- but if it's anything like a neighborhood garage sale there will be people sniffing out deals EARLY... I might try to get set up early. What time did it get underway last year?

Chris
 

·
29 inches and Pissed Off!
Joined
·
693 Posts
waterfinger said:
Dan- I'll be heading up there- still some gear to unload so I can finance my El Camino Ti hardtail... Hoping to have it ready for the Test of Metal in June (a sick 40+ mile XC race in Squamish BC). What time are you leaving Aptos? The website says it's open from 10 to 4- but if it's anything like a neighborhood garage sale there will be people sniffing out deals EARLY... I might try to get set up early. What time did it get underway last year?

Chris
I hope your El Camino Ti is a 29er. I'm sure Jason? would lean that way. I wasn't there last year. I'll be early and go to breakfast at the place next to Yamagami's.
Dan C.
 

·
VRC Illuminati
Joined
·
17,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just an update...

Ok...well....it looks like weather is pending, but I'm bringing all my gear to ride anyway. If the rain holds off, we're good to go.

I say we regroup at the Swap Meet enterance at 12 noon if we haven't all found each other already. We can discuss what we want to do from there (shop more or go ride).

There are a couple of the VRC guys going out as well.
 

·
the bomb
Joined
·
531 Posts
forgive the lame question

Rumpfy said:
Who's going to the Cupertino Bike Swap this Sunday?

I threw it out there for a post swap ride up Steven's Canyon (I'll flog a vintage bike of course).

Nothing crazy, but a nice little loop to the towers and back. Let me know if it's something you'd be interested in.

As posted in the VRC forum:
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=94040
Can you bring things to "swap" or are you then considered a seller? I don't know how these things work :confused:
 

·
VRC Illuminati
Joined
·
17,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pfunk said:
Can you bring things to "swap" or are you then considered a seller? I don't know how these things work :confused:
Yeah...'swap' is sort of a misnomer...more buyers and sellers. If you want a spot, you have to pay for it.

If you're looking to trade a part, craigslist maybe?
 

·
29 inches and Pissed Off!
Joined
·
693 Posts
Rumphy

Rumpfy said:
Who's going to the Cupertino Bike Swap this Sunday?

I threw it out there for a post swap ride up Steven's Canyon (I'll flog a vintage bike of course).

Nothing crazy, but a nice little loop to the towers and back. Let me know if it's something you'd be interested in.

As posted in the VRC forum:
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=94040
When I tried to post the Swap meet the day before you did, MTBR would not let it post. Any info?
Dan C. :confused:
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top