Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
VRC Hound
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked this bike up for my wife (ostensibly). It is one of about six women specific bikes built by Charlie. The model was first known as the Little Peoples Bike and then after Charlie and Jacquie got married, was renamed the Wombat. This bike was sold in 1988 so was probably built in 1987 or so. The original owner had a lot of tweaks done to it. I am guessing that the original seatpost is lost to time. Still it is in great shape. It weighs around 22 lbs.

·
Registered
35 Posts
bush,

WOW! What a beautiful bike. I remember a few races where Jacquie would be riding a similar bike back in the early 90's. She once called me a Tomac clone (as I rode by her in a race) because I had a Tioga disc!!

Mark

PS Did you receive that $2200 for the Ultimate frame?:eekster: :eek: (now you can afford to sell me that other thing REAL cheap, right???:D ;)

·
Certified Bike Junkie
1,747 Posts
PS Did you received that $2200 for the Ultimate frame?:eekster: :eek: (now you can afford to sell me that other thing REAL cheap, right???:D ;)
I was wondering about that one too. A zero feedback bidder from euroland. That would cause me a bit of concern.

·
Registered
114 Posts
How do you source all of those Cunninghams?! I had a friend who ordered one in the late 80's. It sat in Charlie's shop for at least 6 years while John was trying to pay it off. Probably the dumbest thing I ever did was not buy it from Charlie when John gave me the option of buying it since he was having trouble paying it off. 5K was big bucks back then. Especially when you work in a bike shop for $5.00 per hour. I am a steel guy anyway....but if you have to ride a beer can, Charlie's are the bomb!

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
just curious...

crconsulting said:
Nice Chick Bike!! :thumbsup:

What kind of geometry does that bike have?
What makes it a "chick" bike? It looks to be a small frame size, is that it? What about us height challenged "guys"? :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.