Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
VRC Hound
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This beautiful bike was brought back to like new condition with some parts from me and some top-end wrenching by SSMike. After the bike had been brought back to its glory who should walk into Black Mountain Cycles but the original wrench who built the bike up over twenty years ago.

Pic heavy. Very pic heavy.

·
Registered
508 Posts
absolutely amazing!

so what is that chaps name? He worked there at point reyes bikes? And what of this other ham? 008 turned out just amazing, good work bushpig and mike.

·
VRC Hound
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rumpfy said:
Odds that this Cunningham will never ever be ridden again = 99.6%

Suck factor = 398475934
I'm not so sure about that. The basis for the trade of this bike was that Cycleshark didn't have one in his size! I bet it gets more riding in the next 23 years than it got in the last 23 years.

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
cursivearmy said:
so what is that chaps name? He worked there at point reyes bikes? And what of this other ham? 008 turned out just amazing, good work bushpig and mike.
Hey Nate. His name's Mort and worked at Point Reyes Bikes in the mid-80's.

I'll let BP spill all the beans on the other one, but here's a teaser.

·
Bird watcher
878 Posts
These hams are such neat bikes. I had never seen or heard of them BITD. I was hip to WTB and their gg hubs and king hset brakes and such. I'm with Rumpfy. I hope they get ridden. I like the build too. I've come to really like the 1G Xt group. Especially in black. Congrats on all the ham hording Pig. Now how about leaving a few out there so some of us common folk can find one?

·
Registered
508 Posts
ah ha!

ssmike said:
Hey Nate. His name's Mort and worked at Point Reyes Bikes in the mid-80's.

I'll let BP spill all the beans on the other one, but here's a teaser.

Hey mike, That appears to be W, or at least i think it is. Owned by Charlie's father and now maybe making it's way to the right coast? to be united with BP at last.

SO, was Mort kind of surprised that one of the Cunninghams he built was in your shop? or just another day of vintage rigs at the BMC. Looks like he was out on a bike ride as well.

You seem to have quite a bit of bike boxing and packing to do, so i'll end my questions now.

good work
nate

·
VRC Hound
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
cursivearmy said:
Hey mike, That appears to be W, or at least i think it is. Owned by Charlie's father and now maybe making it's way to the right coast? to be united with BP at last.

SO, was Mort kind of surprised that one of the Cunninghams he built was in your shop? or just another day of vintage rigs at the BMC. Looks like he was out on a bike ride as well.

You seem to have quite a bit of bike boxing and packing to do, so i'll end my questions now.

good work
nate
It is indeed W! Charlie replaced the 300mm Suntour Superbe post with a fixed angle seatpost and now the bike is ready to ride. #008 is a beauty but it won't be coming East, or at least its trip east will take it over the Atlantic ocean.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.