Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Going to be mostly brush work with chances of rain quickly dwindling and the whole Imba insurance thingy. Big things are planned for the upcoming fall/winter :thumbsup:

X2 on watching fatrac for info

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Foresthill Divide Loop needs a lot of brush clearing.
I dont condone unsanctioned brushing and trail work, but it works for 'this guy I know...'

Feel free to buy some clippers and give a little back. The relative lack of trail gnomes compared to the number of users in/on Auburn trails is a bit dumfounding in my opinion...

There's a TON of stuff that can be done to "ratchet up its awesomeness" but I doubt the powers that be will let any of that happen.
THIS.

Gotta keep fighting the good fight though. I feel our time is well overdue and numbers are on our side, trying to keep faith myself!

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I've long been an advocate and practioner of carrying pruning/folding saw equipment on rides, especially this time of year. You can quickly make a big dent on annoying overgrowth by just stopping to trim a few minutes here and there.

From the SBTS/FATRAC improvements I recently saw, I am optimistic we can improve upon some of the recent weirdness of Culvert.

418 Posts
Feel free to buy some clippers and give a little back. The relative lack of trail gnomes compared to the number of users in/on Auburn trails is a bit dumfounding in my opinion...
I'm with Ryan on this one. It's a rarity for me not to do at least a little bit of trail maintenance on every ride. Many times it's just moving some deadfall or taking a switch to beat back some poison oak. If everyone just did a tiny amount of maintenance on each ride, the trails would be so much better. It really pisses me off when I see a trail being widened or a detour worn in around an obstacle that is easily removed.

By the way Ryan, bring your big saw the next time you hit SF. There are two big trees down on the very start of the Flagstaff climb, maybe 100 yards past the creek crossing. They were too big for my foldable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.