Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Trek Stache
1,517 Posts
When you say rack do you mean rear rack? I would think that the dropper posts on both bikes would interfere with any cargo that you would put there.
I like the geometry on the Salsa better myself. As well as the bigger stanchions on the forks. 30mm tubes on the Cujo are to small for my tastes.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
2018 Trek Stache
1,517 Posts
I just edited my last post but you had already responded. I would think that the dropper posts on both bikes would interfere with any cargo.

The price difference on the Salsa will pay for the rack.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I see that you're still looking for the hardtail for riding during your time off while trucking...

either bike is fine, cujo, roscoe, fathom, and timberjack were all in contention when I was shopping last year.

Like people have said, timberjack has a better fork.

the timberjack comes with internal 41mm rims which most people suggests 2.8" tires and wider; cujo has rims with internal 35mm rims, which gives you the options to go with 2.6" tires as well as the 2.8" tires.

cujo's chainstay is 442mm
timberjacks's is 420 to 437mm

There are many other geometric differences that you might prefer one over the other.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I see that you're still looking for the hardtail for riding during your time off while trucking...

either bike is fine, cujo, roscoe, fathom, and timberjack were all in contention when I was shopping last year.

Like people have said, timberjack has a better fork.

the timberjack comes with internal 41mm rims which most people suggests 2.8" tires and wider; cujo has rims with internal 35mm rims, which gives you the options to go with 2.6" tires as well as the 2.8" tires.

cujo's chainstay is 442mm
timberjacks's is 420 to 437mm

There are many other geometric differences that you might prefer one over the other.
ya, unfortunately no shops in my hometown had anything in stock in my size, so looks liek I may be buying out of state or at least out of my area...I know REI stocks the Cujo and Timberjack so that may be the way I am heading unless I find a shop whenever I get a break from driving

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.