Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
linkage brought to you by Dr. Seuss i would ride though.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
wide open angles in links ,like between the "seatstays" and the link that connects it to the downtube look kind of stressful to me,like it might transfer a lot of shock into the down tube or cause forces from the wheel to pull back on the chainstays.Predicting a cracking problem near the weld at the back of the chainstay is hardly going out on a limb.

·
Pee's in the H8teraid
420 Posts
Nice 3 piece ST.:eek: . Looks like they need to invest in a bender:madman:

·
Ricky DH
2,249 Posts
I love how all of you guys are all of a sudden some sort of "engineeres". You guys have no idea how that thing will or will not ride. You all have your ideas of what a DH bike should or should not look like due to what you've seen, and then you bash/or not bash it. Crazy.

·
Pee's in the H8teraid
420 Posts
rep_1969 said:
I love how all of you guys are all of a sudden some sort of "engineeres". You guys have no idea how that thing will or will not ride. You all have your ideas of what a DH bike should or should not look like due to what you've seen, and then you bash/or not bash it. Crazy.
I've "engineered" things way more complex than a friggen bicycle..Crap like that seat tube WILL break.
IMO without a bender, you got no bussiness even trying to build something like that..

·
Nucking Futs
377 Posts
Remember it's a prototype. No need to spend big $$$'s in hydroform molds if you don't know the final design. That said Cube doesn't use hydroforming much to keep the price low. It is after all a budget firm with no intentions of outperforming major brands on technological features.

I think the linkage is kind of funny though it probably will eat bearings. Design wise it's fugly.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Looks like the extra two links are for the shock leverage with extra stiffness as a secondary benefit. Wouldn't it be almost completely linear? I don't see why putting two links in for that is such a big no-no considering the compromises Yeti have done to get the linear shock on the 303-R.

But that bike could definitely use some hydroforming love.

Must get pretty noisy too with the chainstay and the seatstay so close close to each other.

Probably could do without the links, but then it would look like just another generic FSR frame.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
DucDucGoose said:
I've "engineered" things way more complex than a friggen bicycle..Crap like that seat tube WILL break.
IMO without a bender, you got no bussiness even trying to build something like that..

Don't forget that it is merely a prototype and nowhere near production. If you look closely at the Trek session 88 protos they had two piece welded seattubes before the bent production version... As long as their product testers are riding it they can break it all they want since its their job, the production version will without a doubt be more refined.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts