Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Just that I tried to order some and got no response from CTS to my emails, faxes and phone calls over a period of 2 months. One of the worst companies I've encountered for cust. service in 25 years in the bike industry, which is a shame because it is a promising idea. Check out enduro bearings at www.enduroforkseals.com, they are a stellar company and do bearing kits for SC VP bikes that get great reviews.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
If you search the SC forum for CTS you'll find several posts about CTS. Martin summed it up well though - nobody's home at CTS.

Enduro bearings are never a bad call -- their stuff is great and their customer service is perhaps the best of any/all companies/shops I've ever dealt with; very impressive.

FWIW, the "new" SC ProPacks come with directional bearings now; I installed one on my Blur Classic a couple of months ago, but haven't ridden much due to winter. SC also recently updated their website finally with very clear and comprehensive pivot/bearing instructions. I don't know what Chris at Enduro has in the Enduro Blur bearing packs these days, but the new directional bearings that came in my SC ProPack were labeled "Enduro".

CTS has a promising idea there, but they've blown it with their CS...

Cheers, Chris

·
MTB Owner
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Ditto..

MartinS said:
Just that I tried to order some and got no response from CTS to my emails, faxes and phone calls...Check out enduro bearings at www.enduroforkseals.com, they are a stellar company and do bearing kits for SC VP bikes that get great reviews.
Wow. I thought it was just me. My initial post was polite, but, i had the same bad experience recently when i called, emailed, etc...NADA?!?! Hope nothing horrible happened to those folks. Can't understand the communication blackout. Anyway, i'm checking into ENDURO. My bud Jeff (a Turner diehard) also gives enduro the :thumbsup:

·
noMAD man
12,227 Posts
Chris, I'm not positive, but I don't think the enduro bearings actually belong to or are designed by the same folks at enduro fork seals...if that's the Chris you're refering to. I realize that the Enduro fork seals folks sell kits with those bearings, but I thought enduro bearings had been around for quite some time and basically just refer to the design of smaller, more closely spaced ball bearings. I was buying enduro style bearings back sometime in the '90's before I ever heard of Enduro fork seals. But maybe I'm wrong...a little history lesson may be in order here...LOL!

On the CTS absence in the bike world at the moment, I guess you guys didn't hear. When CTS started coming out with this kit for SC VPP bikes, SC sent some goons over to the CTS shop and rubbed them out...and then burned the CTS facility to the ground. It's a very competitive world out there in the MTB arena.

OK...I made all of that up, but it's a good story that we should probably promote as the truth...LOL! Maybe it will scare some of those Homers when they come poaching on our site.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
TNC, I'll absolutely defer to your greater & wiser experience with regard to the "Enduro" explanation. :thumbsup: I just thought it was curious when I opened up the ProPack and saw that label, but your explanation makes sense.

Well, bottomline, I'd just say you can't really go wrong with either the new ProPack bearings or Chris @ Enduro bearings. Both are excellent!

Cheers, Chris

·
noMAD man
12,227 Posts
No, I agree...the folks at Enduro seals are good people with good products...and no, I'm not claiming full knowledge on the bearings. I was hoping Chris or someone else could shed more light on the bearing issue.

·
MTB Owner
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm hoping someone who's got aftermarket pivots on a BLUR will post up with their opinion and experience with them.
I went to the ENDURO site and they've got plenty-O-pivots too...beyond their famous seal kits and such.
...BTW: Spoke to SC about pivots, and they say the pivots that they've got are as good as it gets. I certainly love my BLUR, but it wouldn't hurt to get on board with pivots that rock...rather than bind-up so quickly. I really take good care of my bikes,...maybe replacing these pivots is a fact of life that i've got to get used to.
Of course the gigantic non-bearing type single-pivot on my vintage FOES WEASIL just keeps going, and going, and going...no matter how harsh conditions get. However, the stiction is ..oh..nevermind.:crazy:

·
Registered
523 Posts
lucky ones

I am actually one of the lucky ones who got her hands on a set of the CTS kits for my Nomad. They work like a dream. I haven't had a peep out of my lower pivot area since July when I installed them. I also installed a set on a Blur LT for a friend, and as far as I know, they have worked flawlessly for him as well. To bad you guys are getting no response from CTS. It really is a great product.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.