Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

I had some friends hiking up there on Monday and they said that there were a LOT of downed trees on the trail.
Is this true ?
Has anybody lately done an out-and-back on the CT starting at Little Molas to Engineer Mtn trail and back ?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Ob1Hoagie said:
Folks,

I had some friends hiking up there on Monday and they said that there were a LOT of downed trees on the trail.
Is this true ?
Has anybody lately done an out-and-back on the CT starting at Little Molas to Engineer Mtn trail and back ?
Almost not possible on that section. You start roughly at tree line and go up.
But I'll bet is is wet and muddy right now!

·
Wu-Tang Academy Alumni
983 Posts
Might be a hand full at the very beginning and at the very end, but like the esteemed Captain said the rest of the trail is above treeline.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx guys.

After last night's rain I'm sure it is rather wet up there...

You guys are right about the tree line but you do run into a couple of sections further out towards Eng Mtn trail where you will run into tree covered sections...that's what I was wondering about...

·
Registered
340 Posts
I did Pass Trail to Engineer last week. Much snow and many downed trees on Pass Trail. Engineer (from the saddle) was mostly clear of snow and had maybe a half dozen downed trees all near the top. Dirt was really good after that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts