Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to try it out today and its clear nearly to the top. Only the last 1/4 to half mile is snowed in. I made it out of the trees riding through a few small drifts near the end. The meadow at top has really big drifts one could walk over/around but I just turned around and bombed.

It is way less snowy than southern SD/upper SSV (I walked a ways in from the top of SSV to ride that upper rock garden last Sat.). Only mud was the 2 usual suspects that stay muddy all summer.

I assume the other side of Kenosha to the wilderness boundary is open too. CT-Georgia Pass to Tiger Road or West Jefferson Loop will take time (3-4 weeks?).

If anyone else has any alpine ST openings please post the 411. I am tired of local rides. Too short and crowded.

BTW the ride was killer. I was not interrupted on any DH section by uphill traffic at all (versus stopping many times on my local rides). Just me and a slalom bike having fun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,311 Posts
one week from today

thanks for the heads up...

i was just getting ready to post a query, since the family is headed up to breck at the end of next week and i was thinking of having them drop me at kenosha on the way out. but sounds like that plan is a bit premature, eh?

:(
 

·
Thread Terrorist
Joined
·
5,854 Posts
gotdirt said:
thanks for the heads up...

i was just getting ready to post a query, since the family is headed up to breck at the end of next week and i was thinking of having them drop me at kenosha on the way out. but sounds like that plan is a bit premature, eh?

:(
If there was snow at the treeline at Georgia pass, I will bet that there is tons in the shade on the otherside (way down to Breck).
 

·
Perpetually single track
Joined
·
3,175 Posts
dream4est said:
The meadow at top has really big drifts one could walk over/around but I just turned around and bombed.
Pls walk over 'em folks...around = off trail on sensitive tundra...that stuff dies easily up there...
 

·
bacon! bacon! bacon!
Joined
·
12,453 Posts
IndecentExposure said:
If there was snow at the treeline at Georgia pass, I will bet that there is tons in the shade on the otherside (way down to Breck).
Guaranteed. There'll be gobs still on that fun descent from GA to the first Swan crossing...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,577 Posts
Kenosha to Georgia is on the South side of the pass

Georgia to North fork of the Swan is on the North side of the pass.

The Summit County side is usually a couple weeks behind the park county side.

Echo the please go over the drifts rather than try to ride around them. Lots of folks have been riding around mud and drifts and not only making mountain bikers look bad in the eyes of land managers and other trail users, but they make a mess of the trail for months or years to come. PLEASE be responsible in how you ride!
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top