Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What the h#$*ll. Last year someone cut out sections of tree roots on Palmer Point/Greencrest trail (by the Youth Camp). Today I was on Grandview going up to the overlook. There is a sweet little descent with three technical rock shelves on it (also makes for a tricky little challenge on the return climb). Low and behold someone completely took out the center section of rocks:madmax: Just got me really pissed. Don't know if it was a hiker, biker, or horse rider who did it. Can't believe people violate the trail like that. While the rocks where a little technical challenge they also made the trail sustainable by channeling water off of the trail to the downsloping side. THIS TRAIL DESTRUCTION NEEDS TO STOP!

Chris

Attachments

·
on my 3rd wind...
1,827 Posts
What about:
cheater rocks
braided lines
graffitis
booby trap rocks
human placed baby heads

I am sure there are more...

edit: Almost forgot. I saw birds & the bees thing going on lower Lazy Land area last week.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Medicine Wheel Built those waterbars

Medicine Wheel built up those water bars many moons ago. They have held up
quite well considering. I actually built the lower one myself. And we made it hard
on purpose. Actually, this is not the Grandview Overlook Trail. That is the "easy"
trail just to the south. This is the Cheyenne Trail. They separate just at the top
of this descent.

Perhaps you're ready to volunteer to fix 'em up then?

·
leashem
78 Posts
I purposely rode Palmer Park today to try to find this section. I know I have been up it and down it several times but for some strange reason I couldnt find it. I ended up on Tempelton,Yucca,Cheyenne for a bit and various others. 10 miles of riding and couldnt find it. Weird.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts