Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Des(s)ert Rat
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time no post. But since I can't seem to do any better than this, what is there to post about?

Hope all is healing well with Francois. That was a big surprise to find!

Anyway, on with my lame photos from my horrible trip to the Butte.

Teocali Ridge

My friend, Cat on Teocalu Ridge.

Flowers on Teocali.

Back of the Maroon Bells from Teocali.

Cat again on Upper Lower Loop.

Only had two days to spend there, but we made the best of it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
love the pics

I just got back from the Butte too, back to rainy flooded Philly. I'm not technologically advanced enough to post pics on this site, but if you give me your email I'll happily send you the link to my CB shots... maybe we saw each other on the trail.

·
Des(s)ert Rat
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wordfarmer said:
maybe we saw each other on the trail.
Doubt it. We were only there for Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday we only saw 3 other riders on the trail. I think they were all from Colorado. Sunday we saw a few folks, but were only out for a short while before we had to head back home. However, if you saw some lame chick on an orange singelspeed, that was me.

·
Dr. Pepper drinker
1,640 Posts
screampint said:
However, if you saw some lame chick on an orange singelspeed, that was me.
New bike? Nice pics Sarah, I need to go through mine one of these days and throw something together also, I've been slacking lately. Good to see you're out riding, after everything your clan went through last year no news is probably good news!

·
Mtbr Founder
35,469 Posts
hey, long time no post mama! that's bootiful!!

Yes, I'm good. I'll start drinking again this weekend and I'll set up the trainer so my legs don't seize up.

fc

·
The Weatherman
304 Posts
Nice pictures Screampint. Interesting that you should post them, because just last night I was thinking about what locations I might be interested in going to next summer to ride. Crested Butte was the first place that came to mind.

Never been. But have heard good things. Just need to make sure there are non-biking things to do in the vicinity. My wife doesn't share my love of singletrack.

Thanks for posting the pictures... Crested Butte is looking better and better for next years vacation!

·
Des(s)ert Rat
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, the poor thing was replaced.

We built up the pink one as a test piece, using the lightest available tubeset. It was made with road bike tubes and run with a rigid fork. I then rode lots of abusive stuff, like Moore Fun and Holy Cross and the first half of the Horsethief Bench drop in. Not such a great combination. The frame cracked after a year of heavy abuse and more miles than I care to count. The new frame is made with mtb tubing and the difference is amazing. The new one is much more stable and less flexy with maybe a 1/8 pound weight penalty, if that.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.