Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a few pics of my other buddy's 2000 Spice. This was mounted on the rear of my trunk rack with my friends GT and my Slayer. After a great ride we ( me ) backed out of the parking lot and into a tree out of sight of my side view mirrors and blocked by the three bikes on the trunk. The Spice took the worst hit followed by the GT and them my Slayer. At the end of the day, insurance coughed up almost $10 000.00 to replace them (thank god for replacement value and not actual value)

After a test ride we discovered that the Spice pulled a bit to the right.

Check out my rebuild thread as well.

Attachments

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,939 Posts
So did you buy one of those backing up tv monitor things from canadian tire yet? They're on sale this week....

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The people who own the parking area have wrapped yellow caution tape around the tree. The 100 plus foot tree is clearly visible now with the 4 inch tall band of tape on it. Why it wasn’t there in the first place is beyond me, how can anyone see a tree with a 7 foot diameter trunk when it's missing the yellow tape. Believe me, that crash is legendary in the Bracebridge cycling community; thankfully I don't live there but man I love riding up there.

Actually I bought a truck last year and had a custom rack made for the box. The bikes lock into the box by the fork with the "bike tights". People look at you funny when you secure an inflatable doll to a bike in the back of the truck and head to the trails. It seems to distract people from road rage and give them something to talk about at red lights.:skep: :eek: :eekster: :eek: :mad:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.