Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to adjust my rear derailleur, but I'm hearing a slight crunching sound from the chain on the cassette. It's not very loud. Is this unavoidable, or did I screw something up?

·
Can't feel my legs
852 Posts
Yes, it should. Also, if you didn't already move screws on derailleur, don't. These are adjusted upon instalation and should not need to be adjusted again unless something gets bent. If adjusted wrong, can cause serious damage to driveline.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
JPark said:
Yes, it should. Also, if you didn't already move screws on derailleur, don't. These are adjusted upon instalation and should not need to be adjusted again unless something gets bent. If adjusted wrong, can cause serious damage to driveline.
uh oh... I think I adjusted them correctly, before I did the pulley wasn't correctly aligned with the sprocket.

·
Can't feel my legs
852 Posts
Just make sure that the H limit does not allow the derailleur to shift over the last cog, which will cause the chain to get jammed between wheel and cassette. Bad things can result!!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.