Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Desert Seeker
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building up a Trek Remedy 9 frame and looking to buy the right fork. Trek's website indicates that the fork with the complete-spec bike has a 51 mm crown offset (or custom G2 geo with 51 mm offset). So my question is as follows: does the Fox Float 34 for 29er (140 mm of travel) always come with 51 mm of crown offset or are there other offset lengths? Same question goes for the RockShox Pike Solo for 29er (150 mm of travel). I could not find any indication on either company's web site and a few ebay ads will mention the offset (which seems to always by 51 mm) but most don't. Thanks,

·
Desert Seeker
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses! I also remembered having read something from Ibis as it pertains to the Ripley so I looked that bike up on the Ibis web site and it confirmed both of your answers. Ibis contends that "trail" is more important than head angle and they strongly recommend the 51 mm offset for the Ripley. Interesting because "trail" seems to be in weeds when it comes to bike specs and discussions of geo, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts