Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
heckler and jekyll
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can these things work together? i'm thinking of getting the fork but i've got crossmax xl's on my heckler

...i'm in a pickle

·
Registered
372 Posts
gwm said:
can these things work together? i'm thinking of getting the fork but i've got crossmax xl's on my heckler

...i'm in a pickle
hmm, i don´t think so. the Maverick forks needs a special maverick or Criss king hub with a axle with a special diameter

·
Registered
184 Posts
The CrossMax XL Disc works with both 20mm axle forks and QR forks using the included adapters. The Maverick forks use a 24mm axle.

My LBS told me they had seen one of the Mavic rep riding a set of XL with a Maverick fork so I set out to find out how this was done. The best I could find was this forum thread:

http://board.quick-web.com/seesujet.php3?sid=79488&login=raphy&tid=3076

I emailed Mimit at Ansomimit -at- aol -dot- com inquiring about his axle. This was his reply:

Hello Jim,

I made spécific axle DUC32 for Mavic Crossmax XL

I have created DM3 Componements, and the axle cost is 50€ + transport

I have not pictures

Excuses for my english language !!!

I have a bicycle shop to NANTES in FRANCE. There is not problem to paye.
I hope that helps....

·
Whatever
585 Posts
I have heard rumors of someone making a converter for 20mm axles, but I remember one of the problems was that the 20mm axles are removable. The Maverick 24mm stays put, and actually bulges to 27mm inside the hub. You might call Maverick and ask about any potential adaptors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.