Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to make my 06 stumpjumper fsr faster as I make the jump from beginner to sport xc racing. I want to go lighter and tubeless. Prefer UST for reliability and safety of sidewalls and seems like UST tires are getting lighter. I want to always be able to use a floor pump and don't want to worry about the seal.

The new shimano wheels (WH-MT65) for 6 bolt rotors look very nice and are fairly light at 1800 grams (stock wheelset on my stumpy is probably over 2100g easy). The ST's are very zooty and are about 150 grams lighter--but, for 250$ more am I really buying that much more speed? 2nd question, if I scare up more money and can get SL's what I do lose by having narrower rims and again am I buying a lot more speed for the money?

I am 180lbs, a bit rough on equipment though not on purpose. I don't usually leave the ground (intentionally that is).

thanks for the advice and help!

·
Registered
9,873 Posts
considered a custom wheelset? pro2's on stans rims? something like that would be lighter, a little cheaper, and more durable. easier to find replacement spokes too.

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
I'm on Crossmax ST's , take One Pivots advice .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts