Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I run Crossmax SL with non-tubeless tire and Stan's sealant. It works great, but the sealant dried up since last year and I have to add air every few days.
My question is, is there a way to add Stan's to the wheel/tire without actually removing the tire? Obviously, what I'm asking is can the valve core be easily removed to do that?

Thanks,

Arek

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Arek said:
I run Crossmax SL with non-tubeless tire and Stan's sealant. It works great, but the sealant dried up since last year and I have to add air every few days.
My question is, is there a way to add Stan's to the wheel/tire without actually removing the tire? Obviously, what I'm asking is can the valve core be easily removed to do that?

Thanks,

Arek
You can buy the removable core presta valve from Stans... However, it maybe good to check inside the tire every few months in case your sealant turns into this

Attachments

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
flipnidaho said:
You can buy the removable core presta valve from Stans... However, it maybe good to check inside the tire every few months in case your sealant turns into this
And it WILL turn into this. You should dump the old stuff and put fresh latex every few months.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.