Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
try driving your car less
3,097 Posts
check the surly forum, too.
mine is a commuter bike. doesnt work offroad around here, no smooth fireroad. I have tried and if have the air pressure too low I flat, too high and i get all jarred and don't want to kill my only road/commuter bike.
makes me see the merit of getting another!

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
2farfwd said:
Love the CC.
What size frame is that? Curious. I bought a Bianchi San Jose 61cm since the 58cm was sold out. Now I plan to transfer parts to a CrossCheck and sell the San Jose frame. I'm trying to decide between a 58 and 60. I've looked at the specs and am trying to eyeball all the CxC photos I can find.

·
Registered
149 Posts
several incarnations

{ edit } F**K I no longer have a x-check. It was stolen an hour ago as I shopped for groceries. Next time a bigger lock. So agrevating so annoying so .... I just hope whoever stole it face planted, but no it probibly just was thrown into the back of a van. { edit }

current - slicks that provide just enough fun in the dirt
Bicycle tire Tire Wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel rim

last year just before sheering half the rear cog
Bicycle tire Tire Wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel

with basket
Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim

initial setup
Bicycle tire Tire Wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel

·
Not because I'm fast.....
748 Posts
62cm

slocaus said:
What size frame is that? Curious. I bought a Bianchi San Jose 61cm since the 58cm was sold out. Now I plan to transfer parts to a CrossCheck and sell the San Jose frame. I'm trying to decide between a 58 and 60. I've looked at the specs and am trying to eyeball all the CxC photos I can find.
Frame is a 62cm. I'm 6'5".

·
Professional Slacker
173 Posts
I'd post pics of mine, but it got lost in the mail ! Hopefully it will be here today. I'm envious of all of the pea green bikes. I had to settle for gloss black. I guess I could be lame and post a pic off of Surly's site, but I'll be patient. I ordered the stock complete bike. It will eventually become a SS. I can't wait !

Nice Rides !

·
Registered
24 Posts
chili said:
I'd post pics of mine, but it got lost in the mail ! Hopefully it will be here today. I'm envious of all of the pea green bikes. I had to settle for gloss black. I guess I could be lame and post a pic off of Surly's site, but I'll be patient. I ordered the stock complete bike. It will eventually become a SS. I can't wait !

Nice Rides !
If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for the bike? Did you get it direct from Surly?

Thanks

·
Brakes?
152 Posts
C-C Love

My favorite bike. Commuter, Trail bike, Adventure machine.

Here it is with the 44c Mutano's.

Currently sportin' some 38c Serfas commuter tires that I've been too lazy to change. They don't have much tread, but if' you don't mind sliding around, they work off-road. And they're kevlar belted, I've NEVER flatted in 4 years of commuting and riding lot's of places I shouldn't...:rolleyes:

Link to the tires...
https://www.serfas.com/tires/HTK-38.shtml

·
( )
755 Posts
wolfy said:
howzit having the shifter on the bar like that? and how much did it cost for that setup?

-M
It's not ideal, but it works fine. If the shifter indicator wasn't so frickin big it would be better.

Red stripe nexus 8, DT swiss TK7.1 rim, shifter, and hub-bub adaptor put it just over $400.

·
Glorified Hybrid Owner
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Pimp-Daddy (fellow STLer),

It looks like you have the green 631 version (same as mine was).

Ok, so I'm 5' 8" tall with a 30" inseam, what size to get? 50 or 52cm? I had a 50cm, but it seemed a bit small?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.