Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would try here first, as Crosscheck owners like to experiment, maybe some one else has already tried this, or could give some insight.

I want to take the stock crank set and add a granny chain ring and remove the large chain ring. Will the front derailleur (a double) handle that by simply adjusting the limit screws?
Will the stock BB be OK (68x113) or do I need to go longer?

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
You can only really find out by experimentation. A longer spindle would solve the issue I suppose, but chainline is really what's important. It would depend on the derailleur too. I would ask in the drivetrain forum.

·
Registered
107 Posts
bhc said:
Thought I would try here first, as Crosscheck owners like to experiment, maybe some one else has already tried this, or could give some insight.

I want to take the stock crank set and add a granny chain ring and remove the large chain ring. Will the front derailleur (a double) handle that by simply adjusting the limit screws?
Will the stock BB be OK (68x113) or do I need to go longer?
Your derailleur will probably be fine, they are normally restricted with too big, not too small.

It says on the website that the crank is granny ring compatible, I imagine they have thought it out and that there will be enough clearance as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.