Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am relatively new to the DC metro area and I am looking to get back into the cross country racing scene. I moved from Wisconsin where we had the Wisconsin Off-Road Series which is an awsome 12 race series with races all around the state. As far as I can tell there are now state series out here. I am wondering what kind of race organization there is out here. Any links or info would be greatly appriciated. Thanks

·
Registered
561 Posts
http://www.masuperseries.com/2009/ - closest thing around here to the WORS, a lot of the races are up north though, PA mostly. They have the new 2010 schedule out now.

I'm originally from wisconsin too and live in Baltimore now, damn good trails around here, similiar to home actually, but a lot more people on em (nothing like the remoteness of say the CAMBA trails). If you want some people to ride with here, hit me up, I'm always down to tear it up with sconi' folk.

btw, GO PACK GO!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Virginia & West Virginia

phili21 said:
Hello,
I am relatively new to the DC metro area and I am looking to get back into the cross country racing scene. I moved from Wisconsin where we had the Wisconsin Off-Road Series which is an awsome 12 race series with races all around the state. As far as I can tell there are now state series out here. I am wondering what kind of race organization there is out here. Any links or info would be greatly appriciated. Thanks
www.mountainbikevirginia.com

www.wvmba.com

www.uscup.net

·
Registered
472 Posts
phili21 said:
Hello,
I promote the SNOTCYCLE mentioned above. WE are actually having 4 races this year. Here is the email I sent out last month:

2010 Race Information and Schedule
Plum Grove Cyclery and Go Time Racing are proud to announce our 2010 Mountain Bike race calendar. We want to thank each and every one of you that has participated in our events in the past for helping make our events successful.
We have added another new event, bringing our total to 4 MTB events for 2010. We are also adding a new points series for all our events over the course of the year, more details are below. We have also heard from the contenders and will be primarily awarding CASH at all of this year's events. Cash Payouts have been increased across the board and will be award to top 3 places in all categories.
2010 Race Series (click on title to go to registration site):
SNOTCYCLE - January 30, 2010
This is a "weather be damned" rain, sleet, the nastier the better kinda race.

Leesburg Bakers Dozen - April 17&18, 2010
The one that started it all! Our original and Signature event. A 13hour Mountain bike Extravaganza!!

HOTCYCLE - July 10, 2010
The Yin to SNOTCYCLES Yang, the Heat to SNOTCYCLES Cold!!

SpeedFreaks Stage Race - October 9&10, 2010
A 2 day, 3 stage Mountain Bike Race consisting of a Time Trial, Short Track, and Marathon Event. Solo Racers only. Capped at 250 Racers.

NEW Points Series!
This year, we are putting in place a points series for all our races, with Grand Prizes awarded after our final event of the season, SpeedFreaks. SNOTCYCLE, HOTCYCLE, and SpeedFreaks will be awarded points based on finish place in each category. As the Bakers Dozen follows a different format, All Bakers Dozen Participants will be awarded 25 points. The top points earner in each category will be named 2010 Grand Champion for their respective class and will be awarded Cash and something else really cool. We don't know what yet, but it will be really cool and rad and stuff.
Points will be awarded to the top 20 racers in each category according to the following schedule:
  1. 50 points
  2. 41 points
  3. 35 points
  4. 30 points
  5. 26 points
  6. 23 points
  7. 20 points
  8. 17 points
  9. 15 points
  10. 13 points
  11. 11 points
  12. 9 points
  13. 8 points
  14. 7 points
  15. 6 points
  16. 5 points
  17. 4 points
  18. 3 points
  19. 2 points
  20. 1 point
Go Time Racing, LLC
This is a new Timing Services and Race Management Company established in late 2009 by Rob and his wife, Kelly. We have purchased our own RFID chip timing system to use at all Plum Grove/Go Time Races. We will also be available to provide Timing services and Management services to other races in the area, including Cycling and Running events. We are currently working on our website, www.gotimeracing.com, but can be reached at [email protected] to answer any questions.
Mike and I are looking forward to you at these exciting events we have planned for the year.
Take Care and Happy Holidays!! - Mike and Rob

·
song of the saw-whet owl
428 Posts
cableguy46 said:
WOW no onw mentioned MASS...the best race series in the mid-atlantic...some incredible places to race around the mid-atlantic region..
They have no races in WV?! Guess WVMBA is like the race mafia for WV.
15 races in the XC point series and 5 ultra series! So make some plans to hit some. At least the 2 in Davis :)

http://www.wvmba.com/races.php

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.