Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After spending a week and a half in Moab and the Western Slope of Colorado, I worked my way over to the front range to eventually catch my plane back home. While hanging out in Boulder it was recommended that I make my way over to Estes Park and ride the Crosier Mt. Long Loop. This would have to be one of the best single track rides I have ever been on. Even after just riding all that Moab and the Grand Valley had to over I found this ride to be truly amazing. Maybe it was the high alpine terrian which was a nice change from the desert climate, but I just fell in love with this ride.

We made a few wrong turns, the first being an early left bringing us into Glen Haven, and the second being an unnecessary hike-a-bike up to the Crosier Mt. overlook. Because of these mistakes we added about 1,100 ft of climbing to the ride. Overall asent was 4,266 ft in 22.9 miles. This was a brutal ride, technical single track climbs covering over 1,000ft in about a mile and high elevation topping out at 9,152 ft. With all that climbing you are blessed with some fantastic decents which are long and technical single track. All this is followed by a ugly 1,200ft road ride back to the car.

The scenary on this ride was beautiful, with a stunning view of Long's Peak in the background. If you are ever in the area I highly recommend this ride, but be ready for some climbing.

Attachments

·
ride
5,274 Posts
Is there such thing as an "unnecessary" climb to the summit of Crosier? :) I try to hit it everytime I go up. Glad you liked, it takes a special type of rider to truly enjoy CM.

·
This is how it started...
341 Posts
Most Favorite Single Track on the Nortern Front Range

Crosier, definitely..........definitely Crosier.:thumbsup:

·
"Oldfart from Wayback"
1,683 Posts
I found it back in '85/ '86

The Squeaky Wheel said:
Yes...Crosier is a myth. People shouldn't waste their time trying to find it. :D
But at my advanced age, I can't remember where it was. ;)

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
i'll be back

crosier ate my rear hub!

(stupid spinergy freewheel)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts