Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few of us have talked about attempting to restore the old Crop Circles trail near the Tapeworm. A large portion of the trail (main spiral) runs thru blackberry bushes and has been neglected for a few years. SInce most of the blackberries are "dead", brittle and dried out, it would be a good to clear them.

If the clearing goes good we could also restore the original entrance which basically allows MR. DNA to flow right into the Crop Circles trail, and turns two short trails into a longer fun ride!

I'm thinking maybe the first Saturday of March, but I'm open to any suggestions!

·
m0un#a!n 8ik3r
251 Posts
will try my best to make it.

I've ridden Tapeworm DNA and Parasite a million times, and done a good amount of trail work on them, but CC has always been kind of a mystery to me.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just got back from riding the tapeworm/silkworm/parasite and I scouted out Crop Circles. There is a jumpline someone put in on one of the former up hill sections of Crop circles, so a reroute of the original Crop Circles trail will be needed. The jumpline is actually pretty decent and appears to recently have been worked on. There is room next to it to make a new route for crop circles so it's no biggie.

The original entrance (as I remember it) to crop circles is still riden often and in good shape. Most the work will need to be done to the "spiral", which is completely overgrown with blackberries. There is a faint line still visible where the trail existed, so with some work it can be restored on it's original route. The exit (across from a trail that leads straight to the Tapeworm) is still visible, so working from there on up may be the best bet.

I may head over there Monday with my machete or electric hedge trimmers and see if I can "tunnel" thru the trail and scout out how much work this will take!

The Spiral part of CC isn't the most exciting or technical ride, but when the blackberries are at full height and thickness and the trail is cleared just wide enough to ride, you get a great "tunnel" affect, like biking a corn maze. It makes for a very fun night ride too.

·
Registered
386 Posts
is the jump line in the same location as the old jumps that used to be out there?
GHY guys have been working on what they call 'the bermsled'.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bermsled is over to the left (looking down hill) of the Tapeworm.

·
Registered
386 Posts
is the jumpline you speak of in a different location then the bermsled?

I'm always looking for spots to dig/fly/jump. :)

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The jumpline I'm talking about is to the left of the Mr. DNA exit (looking downhill). Basically if you ride Mr. DNA, when you exit go right and take the next trail on the right. It starts off with a small double into a berm and then snakes down the hill. It looks to be under construction, but it is ridable.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Enter where the main access road is and take the very first left. Follow that around and ride along the chainlink fence next to the powerstation stuff. follow the fence and stay left when the trail splits. Keep an eye out for where the split merges again and the jumpline will be on your right. There are 3 or 4 trail entrances/exits in this area, but it is faily easy to spot the jumpline.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mr. Lynch said:
I just got back from riding the tapeworm/silkworm/parasite and I scouted out Crop Circles. There is a jumpline someone put in on one of the former up hill sections of Crop circles, so a reroute of the original Crop Circles trail will be needed. The jumpline is actually pretty decent and appears to recently have been worked on. There is room next to it to make a new route for crop circles so it's no biggie.

I actually ran into the kids building the "jumpline" on the upper section of Crop Circles. they all ride bmx bikes, which is why the berms and jumps are all so tight (i've tried riding their line a couple times and it's really not that great for a mtb) - i'm with Lynch, think best solution would be to make a new route

I will definitely come help - count me in. Pretty much any Saturday AM works for me

1 - 12 of 12 Posts