Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
pronounced may-duh
4,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a great weekend camping trip with the kids at Croft State Park near Spartanburg SC. With the fantastic weather, I just had to get out and do some early season camping and riding with my kids.

The original plan was to camp down near Augusta, GA and ride FATS but I did not make a reservation and by the time we decided to go camping they were fully booked for the weekend.

So as a second choice I went to Croft. Turned out to be a really good decision. The campground is nothing special but it does sit on a nice lake. The trails were perfect for the kids. There is a good variety with some long flat sections and other areas that have short steep technical spots. All of it is tight singletrack with lots of roots. No long extended climbs but enough to challenge the kids. And there is enough technical spots to keep adults happy as well.

I even ran into Senior strong bad on the trails.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Small world! I was down there on Saturday and passed you guys on the trial. Having never met you I thought it might be you by the PAS shirts your were wearing and your profile picture. Me and my girlfried both ride Marin Mount Visions and were going the opposite direction as you.

I do have to add that from my perspective your older kid was leaving you in his dust.............

·
pronounced may-duh
4,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mercurial said:
Small world! I was down there on Saturday and passed you guys on the trial. Having never met you I thought it might be you by the PAS shirts your were wearing and your profile picture. Me and my girlfried both ride Marin Mount Visions and were going the opposite direction as you.

I do have to add that from my perspective your older kid was leaving you in his dust.............
He's fast but the old man is still faster ;) I'm looking forward to the day when he will make me feel slow.

I'm forced to stay in the back and make sure nobody gets lost. I ride behind the younger one and yell out directions to him. Stand up! Use both brakes! Pedal hard! Good job! etc... He's just started on trails and is still learning the basics.

·
Jamin, Applesause, No?
708 Posts
Maida - It was great to see you and the kids out on the trail. I can not wait to get my kids out there when they are old enough. You can ride SS and avoid most of the flat sections and get a good cardio and about 16 - 20 miles of riding, Maybe more if you add in Dairy Ridge.

I also met MikeRidesBikes when I was out there - I learned that you should always check all your pockets before you go looking for lost keys. : )

Murcurial - I did not see you. Would have been good to see a mount vision in person. I like the way they look.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.