Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
mtn pirate
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody rode the upstate this week? Wondering how things were after all that rain and crap last and beginning of this week? Gonna try and ride tomorrow and wondering if anything is in descent shape. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Needed exercise badly but in a hurry so did four quck there-and-backs on Mt Creek Trail at Paris Mt. yesterday and it was surprisingly dry except in a few small areas, several of which had fresh gravel. Not sure about the other trails.

Several other MTBs there, as well as a very nice old lady walking two greyhounds I stopped to let her by and she said "keep on rolling sonny, plenty of room for the four of us to share the trial". I wish all hikers had that attitude. Just goes to show that being courteous on the trail (and unfortunately, all MTBers are not) sometimes makes life enjoyable for everyone. :D :D :D :

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is there a route around the last bit of centerline? I rode there a couple weeks ago, and it was all fine until I got there. Then I had to stop every 5 feet to bounce the mud off the bike to be able to keep moving.

·
Jamin, Applesause, No?
708 Posts
drumsev said:
Is there a route around the last bit of centerline? I rode there a couple weeks ago, and it was all fine until I got there. Then I had to stop every 5 feet to bounce the mud off the bike to be able to keep moving.
Take Furngully on the right before you get to that section and loop it back around to the parking lot. You won't have any mud on your tires then.

·
Jamin, Applesause, No?
708 Posts
Note: There was a Park Ranger out at SouthSide Sunday giving tickets to the those that did not pay for trail use. $2 per person or get a Park Pass. I have never seen this before. I have a park pass so I do not worry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.