Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crockett Hills Flow Trail, unfinished business and Edwards DH 10/3/21 video ride report.
Things are becoming a bit smoother as all the crumbled dirt and rocks that fell on the trail from the cows has been bedding in. This place had so much time and money invested. How do we get a round 2 this winter? Why build new trails elsewhere in the East bay when we have this whole network of trails ready for a winter revamp!? I have many ideas on safe but fun line choices and options that could go well with the current setup. There are also spots that erode the fastest that could use reinforcement but 馃し馃し hopefully some upcoming work in the plans

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The cows are just part of the deal from what I understand so we have to deal with them. On the plus side they have eaten away all the typical overgrown vegetation that used to make the place unrideable. This isn't meant to be a whiner post but more of a call to attention. Thanks for reading 馃

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
That's the most boring trail I've ever seen in 37 years of mountain biking.
馃馃槀馃槀馃槀 It's definitely not the most amazing thrill ride that's for sure but it's the best biking we got in the East Bay that's legal and it's only 10 minutes away so hey I make the best out of it as you can see I'm trying

Premium Member
Still better than Flume trail at Tahoe
Flume trail is for people that don鈥檛 ride or like the scenery. It keeps them from clogging up TRT.

Personally I don鈥檛 go to Crockett, I find it too boring to drive 30 minutes each way to then spend my entire ride wondering if someone has broken into my car. The good news is last time I went (in the spring), I saw a lot of less experienced riders out there having a blast.

Single Track Mind
Crockett is reasonably fun, but only because it is so close. For me, it is usually just a hill climbing fitness-type ride. I usually prefer Fernandez; though the ranch is a really small park, it is pretty fun when I don't have a lot of time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.