Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
caninus xerophilous
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CJ and I joined up with a group of local SDMB hammerheads last night for a jaunt up to Cherry Tank. Riding from 6:30 to 10:30 PM we encountered quite a few critters:

Four rattlesnakes, one had a very close encounter by the third rider in line when we stopped to admire a tarantula. We probably rode past a few more but thought they were rocks or cow pies.

Six tarantulas, apparently all males cruising the trails for lady tarantulas.

One fleeting skunk, which apparently gave a small spray to cover its withdrawl, something the riders behind me who did not see it smelled.

One millipede All rolled up with legs retracted.

And a set of mountain lion tracks, one mature and one a bit younger judging by the paw size and stride.

A far cry from the last Cherry Tank ride I did with SDMB when we tallied one scorpion and a pretty large and aggressive wind scorpion.

Louis

·
wowarizona.com
863 Posts
Human Critter Count/Pictures

SunDog said:
CJ and I joined up with a group of local SDMB hammerheads last night for a jaunt up to Cherry Tank. Riding from 6:30 to 10:30 PM we encountered quite a few critters:

Louis
Good Ride…

First "Critter" - Jeff
Second "Critter" - Steve
Third and fourth "Critters" - Louis and Harry

Attachments

·
freak of nature
124 Posts
a good night on the bike!

big props to all who took part in our adventure last night. the ride was sweet and the wildlife encounters really "put the icing on the cake". i thoroughly enjoyed myself.

i will see if jeff will post up some of those rattler pics from last night.

speaking of rattlers and jeff, do you suppose he checked his shorts when he got home?

til next time-

harry

·
caninus xerophilous
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey I forgot the mini Komodo Dragon.

A.k.a. the teenaged Gila Monster in Happy Valley.

Excellent ride with excellent riders, trails and wildlife.

·
Occidental Tourist
3,563 Posts
Completely OT

Got the cable - Thanks! and watch out for that Harry character, he's a shifty one.......

·
freak of nature
124 Posts
pot calling kettle black?

crash test dummy said:
Got the cable - Thanks! and watch out for that Harry character, he's a shifty one.......
who you calling shifty?

last night ripped. are you going to come down and ride saturday morning or what?

show up friday night and i'll buy beer. show up saturday morning and we ride at 7 and you buy burritos for the drive up lemmon. do it or i toss juanita....

·
Registered
44 Posts
brown stripe

That was one sweet ride! I'm glad I was riding anchor - you'uns skeered all of those tandy branders so my shorts were still clean. Jeff could have been in a bad way so easily.

Oh yeah - you left the huge toad off of the count!
Steve

hcooper said:
big props to all who took part in our adventure last night. the ride was sweet and the wildlife encounters really "put the icing on the cake". i thoroughly enjoyed myself.

i will see if jeff will post up some of those rattler pics from last night.

speaking of rattlers and jeff, do you suppose he checked his shorts when he got home?

til next time-

harry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.