Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to come over from the hot front range to Crested Butte in the next couple of weeks and wanted to see what the trail conditions (what is open and what is still closed) are like in and around Crested Butte.
Isnt there a website that has all the Crested Butte trails with a signal showing what is open/closed? I lost it at some point over the winter it seems.
Thanks.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Just spent 5 days there

Rode Snodgrass, and Upper Loop. There are only 1 or two others open now. In a couple weeks, **** should be ready, but you can't even get to Irwin yet. Still a TON of snow up high. It's insane. 401 is probably still a month out? Maybe less with this heat we've had lately. The aspens in the East River Valley have yet to pop up high, and the top of Kebler looks like winter.

·
1,529 Posts
I too just spent 4 days there. Snodgrass is awesome, as well as Strand and the stuff in town. It also looks like they opened up 409 and some of the stuff into Cement Creek.

There's a whole thread dedicated to this just below.

·
Registered
295 Posts
the trails are starting to open. Deer creek and Doctors park are mostly rideable. did both last weekend.... Lower loop, upper, and upper upper and snodgrass are all good.... i think the mtb hall of fame website has trail conditions on it....

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KonaEnduroJC said:
the trails are starting to open. Deer creek and Doctors park are mostly rideable. did both last weekend.... Lower loop, upper, and upper upper and snodgrass are all good.... i think the mtb hall of fame website has trail conditions on it....
Anyone been out to Cement Creek for Reno-Bear loop?

·
This place needs an enema
17,236 Posts
KonaEnduroJC said:
How's the crossing of Spring Creek at the bottom of Doctor Park?

And did you go through the dark forest up high, or take the left and contour around into the park?

Seems like the dark stuff would be sloppy yet.

Thanks,

MC

·
Registered
295 Posts
Mike. Yeah the creek is flowing but not too crazy. Stuff in the shade is still snowy, but everything covered in snow is short enough that it takes about 5-10 steps to get over... :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.