Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
ride like a girl
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

A had a demo out there so I thought I'd join him for some riding...

Here is the view outside the tent

Driving to the demo area I passed this and Ari thought it would be a good photo

Crested Butte still has LOTS of snow in the mountains and a lot of the higher up trails weren't open yet. But we found some to ride...

Love the smiles...

A even tried a steep downhill which was a little loose

oh yeh, a smile for getting over the log pile!

The aspens were full and fluttering

Then the beautiful views heading down...

Grendel and Ginger holding down the fort

Well, I must run to New Mexico now to do some of that work stuff...Enjoy the pix and get out there when you can...with only about three months of summer, it is a prime time to visit!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Sweet pics, thanks for sharing. Are those ride pics from Snodgrass and did you camp up the Slate River road? Looked like some terrible views from the tent sorry you had to suffer through that.

·
simple
665 Posts
From the photos, that looks like Upper Upper. Sick. I can't wait to head down there tonight. I've got a friend that needs to demo a Yeti so I hope we can get one since he doesn't have a bike.

·
ride like a girl
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
athalliah said:
Wow, a rare photo of Grindel and Ginger getting along :p

Can I make fun of you for using passion in the title of this thread?
Oh come on, they get along most of the time, she is just the alpha dog. He puts her in her place once in a blue moon.

Sure, you can make fun of me, as long as I can make fun of you too...:D

didn't you get called a retard a bit ago??

·
amar la vida de dos niner
2,682 Posts
crd said:
Driving to the demo area I passed this and Ari thought it would be a good photo
Ari was right! Good call. With that eye, girl needs her *own* camera! :thumbsup:

For whatever reason, this batch of pics is much better than the last. Very nice. Thanks for posting!

·
enlightened.
1,494 Posts
crd said:
didn't you get called a retard a bit ago??
It's funny because it's true!

scorpionwoman said:
For whatever reason, this batch of pics is much better than the last. Very nice. Thanks for posting!
I'd wager that CB is far more scenic than ggsp. Golden Gate, while an awesome place to ride isn't the best place in the world to take a photo. Well, at least the techy sections as those are subject to low-light conditions.

Anyway, I think c took some fine photography both days.

·
ride like a girl
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
athalliah said:
I'd wager that CB is far more scenic than ggsp. Golden Gate, while an awesome place to ride isn't the best place in the world to take a photo. Well, at least the techy sections as those are subject to low-light conditions.

Anyway, I think c took some fine photography both days.
Thank-you! However, I have been playing with the white balance with my Canon EOS 40D and that was the issue with the different batches of photos. Crested Butte just had beautiful light whereas GGSP had low light, so I used the shade white balance setting. It is truly an art using those big cameras, and I'm still learning. :)

·
ride like a girl
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
scorpionwoman said:
Ari was right! Good call. With that eye, girl needs her *own* camera! :thumbsup:
She has her own little camera, she just doesn't want to carry it on rides, plus it is a little challenging playing cat and mouse catch-up on the bike while taking these photos. I feel like I'm getting my interval work out when catching up to the group :D

·
ride like a girl
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
69erSycip said:
From the photos, that looks like Upper Upper. Sick. I can't wait to head down there tonight. I've got a friend that needs to demo a Yeti so I hope we can get one since he doesn't have a bike.
They have about 40 demos, so hopefully your friend got hooked up! Yup, a little upper upper action!

·
ride like a girl
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
teleken said:
rain prevented me from hitting the close to town rides so now I'm plotting my return.
I would recommend it! This was one of the few times it didn't rain in CB while I was there. With highs in the mid 80s and lows in the mid 30s, it was perfect camping/riding weather!

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
crd said:
Thank-you! However, I have been playing with the white balance with my Canon EOS 40D and that was the issue with the different batches of photos. Crested Butte just had beautiful light whereas GGSP had low light, so I used the shade white balance setting. It is truly an art using those big cameras, and I'm still learning. :)
shoot in RAW and set the WB on postprocessing :thumbsup:

·
amar la vida de dos niner
2,682 Posts
crd said:
Crested Butte just had beautiful light whereas GGSP had low light, so I used the shade white balance setting.
My camera is great at capturing light amongst the trees (so any fuzziness is purely user error :D ), but it can get a little overwhelmed in the bright sun. I don't think it would have performed as nicely as yours on those vista shots.

I'll have to explore its manual light settings before making any westward trips.

Again, nice set of pics. :thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.