Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone provide the latest info on trail conditions around Crested Butte? A group of us will be there for the 4th of July holiday weekend. Are the 401, 409, Teocalli Ridge and **** trails rideable yet? Thanks.

·
"I want it now!"
113 Posts
Not much open in CB

We were there last Thursday. There were about 6 trails open. We rode 401 from the bottom of the singletrack (Schoefield pass was impassable) and made it about 2/3's of the way to the top before being turned back due to snow fields. It's not quite ready. Most of the lower rides near town are ready and Deer Creek was opened. None of the rides you were asking about were open - according to the folks at the local bike shop. Good luck.

·
"Oldfart from Wayback"
1,683 Posts
Define open

smmokan said:
That link shows 11 of 16 trails open... sounds like its better than last week.
Re-read the conditions, and most are muddy, flowing water down the trail,snowy, etc.

Open just means it isn't buried under 8' of snow like the rest of the trails.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Oh no .. you gave away the names of some killer trails! ;-)

Hopefully things are clearing out as I'm heading down in the morning myself. I'll be the guy on the Team Scalpel with a big grin on my face loving some CB dirt!

·
bacon! bacon! bacon!
12,453 Posts
batty said:
Oh no .. you gave away the names of some killer trails! ;-)

Hopefully things are clearing out as I'm heading down in the morning myself. I'll be the guy on the Team Scalpel with a big grin on my face loving some CB dirt!
You spelled mud wrong! :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.