Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
ICORR - FORC
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm spending the next three weeks in Colorado, plan to spend a significant amount of time in Crested Butte. Expect to "pickup-camp" for the majority of the time (though will also do some multi-day backpacking). I'm also bringing along the BOB trailer and hope to put it to use in the CB area. I figure I can recon a route or two one day, then take the BOB up and camp away from the hustle-and-bustle. Does anyone have any suggestions for a decent BOB-worthy route? I'm a little leary of anything too technical, was hoping someone could give some ideas other than me just winging-it as I'm want to do... Oh yes, I'll also be solo, if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

·
Mojo0115
1,667 Posts
one BOB option you could consider would be to ride up cement creek rode to the top of the Reno divide and then ride out from there. close by is the Reno/bear cr/deadmans loop. You can also continue along the trails towards taylor pass and other areas close by.

You could also take the BOB up to schofield pass area and do 401. a nice (less technical option) would also be to ride the bob up slate river rode to Paradise Basin area or across to schofield pass from that side and set a camp anywhere up there and then ride out of it into close by trails.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.