Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi some one mentioned this idea some where here or on CPF site
so I thought I will give it a try .

Clicky switch from an old mouse , also have 2 spare switches if this works.

this is my rear cover for my build with the switch glued in

The other side showing the hole and little clicky switch

next the question of waterproofing and working the switch ,
as you can see the recessed hole it looks out from the answer was so simple
an old innertube punch a disc of rubber out and glue a very small dot of innertube in the centre this will be silicone glued round the edge when finished but for now is just a compresion fit , resuly one waterproof and nearly touch sensitive switch for the Bflex

Will this work .
next step some wiring and assembly and testing

·
Registered
406 Posts
could you show a picture of the mouse switch on its own if possible along with some dimensions. Obviously they will vary mouse model to mouse model but an indication of dimensions would be great

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
here is the finished light and it works way better than expected the switch is easy to operate even with cold hands and gloves on , very happy to have made this work and have a very sleek mega powerfull light for about £60 . I do need to get a good battery next I am using a 14.4 volt makita drill battery and it is working well but a bit ugly and bodged connections.

this one is for on my helmet the next project is one for my bars will the Bflex drive 4 cree xr-e Q5 leds

·
Registered
160 Posts
Nice!

Nice work with the switch, it looks like a perfect solution!

From what I have read, the bflex will drive 4 LED's but you will need a higher voltage battery for this, as a 14.4V battery will be marginal. 3LED's are no problem of course with a 14.4V battery.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.