Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Singletrack Addict
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Originally it was to be the whole family coming down for the long weekend to help dad suffer. However, the wife's work obligation and kids summer activities are in conflict, so it will be a solo trip.

I hate to make that drive in the Aerostar alone when it could be filled with a couple other people and bikes. If anyone out there in Portland is heading down for the race, let me know if you want to carpool.

Even if you're not racing, if there are any Portlanders out there that would just like to make the trip down to OROR, I will be leaving NE Portland in the afternoon on Friday and returning Monday afternoon.

This is my first Puff and I am only hoping to finish the darn thing and figure the odds are pretty long considering where my "training" went in the last month. I'm just hoping to have a good time, ride my bike a lot, see some old friends and meet some new folks.

The details:
Split gas for round trip to Westfir, Oregon.
Leave Friday afternoon (tbd), June 27th return Monday afternoon (tbd), June 30th.
Accomodations: As a participant in the Cascade Cream Puff, I will be establishing a camp at the venue.
The Aerostar is more soccer mom, than Chester; among the kids, it's the favorite for the soccer practice carpool. I find it makes a good camper.
Lots of singletrack surrounding Westfir and Oakridge, You're on your own, however, getting to and from trailheads, though there is some within easy reach of the venue. Arrangements, I'm sure could easily be made for transport.
As further incentive, I generally bring far too much food and beer.:thumbsup:

·
Tree Hugger
2,946 Posts
Snake Muesl said:
Originally it was to be the whole family coming down for the long weekend to help dad suffer.

This is my first Puff and I am only hoping to finish the darn thing and figure the odds are pretty long considering where my "training" went in the last month. I'm just hoping to have a good time, ride my bike a lot, see some old friends and meet some new folks.
I had no idea you were planning on racing the Puff. Good Job!!! I'll be cheering for ya, and can help you when you come thru Aid 2.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not to poach your post SM, but I am also looking to Carpool/rideshare, but can't leave until Sat, mid morning. I will most likely come back on Monday as well. I have a Suby with ample room for gear inside and bikes topside. Let me know if you are interested.

See you down there.

·
Singletrack Addict
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sasquatch said:
I had no idea you were planning on racing the Puff. Good Job!!! I'll be cheering for ya, and can help you when you come thru Aid 2.
Yeah, well after pre-riding the course on Sunday, I realize I may have got in over my head. Your biggest help will be not let me linger! Got to keep moving, however slow I might be, I got to keep moving!

Looking forward to it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.