Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys question on the 2007 switch. above the rear axle dropouts is the igus bushing that connects the seatstays. i have had a creaking noise coming from the bike after the first few rides. i initially thought it was the wheel so i started testing today and determined that it is most likely the igus bushing on the drive side. (parts 6 and 12 on the brits exploded switch diagram.) if i put the rear wheel in and apply side pressure to the wheel, the pivot will click. its odd b/c that bushing shouldnt make a metalic sound. the sleeve in the bushing is loose and comes out where the brake side is firmly fixed in the bushing.

Ideas on a fix???

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I talked to rocky and got a new set of igus bushings, but that didnt help the play in the pivot. I tried the best fix i have ever found for a sloppy bushing and that is to take a foil wrapper from a granola bar and wrapped it around the metal insert on the igus bushing. help it into the white insert and viola...no more noise and no more play in the bushing. The bike is rock solid. It seems like the machined hole on the swingarm is just a fraction too big and allowed for play with the metal insert bc the white bushing wast compressed enough when it is pushed into the frame.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.