Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a brand new 07 Nomad and have only taken it out on about 4 rides. On the second ride I noticed some creaking coming from from the bottom of the bike. I thought that it was the new saint crank, but after taking the crank apart and making sure everything was tight with the crank and BB it still creaked. It only really creaks on downward pedal strokes that have a fair amount of force behind them and does so regardless of whether I am standing or sitting on the bike. It does not creak when I hop the bike around. Does anyone know that this could be? Thanks.

·
Registered
251 Posts
drinkwat said:
I just bought a brand new 07 Nomad and have only taken it out on about 4 rides. On the second ride I noticed some creaking coming from from the bottom of the bike. I thought that it was the new saint crank, but after taking the crank apart and making sure everything was tight with the crank and BB it still creaked. It only really creaks on downward pedal strokes that have a fair amount of force behind them and does so regardless of whether I am standing or sitting on the bike. It does not creak when I hop the bike around. Does anyone know that this could be? Thanks.
Your next step is to put anti-seize on those pivot axles even though if its not the source of creaking right now. It will save you from future problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.