Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am wondering if anyone has experienced a creaking noise from either their Marzocchi2007 AM 1 SL or the 2007 Z1 RC2 ETA? I have both forks and they both make a loud creaking sound at the crown during hard front brake use or coming off of drops less than 2 foot. The AM1 has been returned to Marzocchi twice now and has had the upper assembly replaced each time. I bought the Z1 thinking it might be stronger but it has also developed the same creak. With the Z1 I can retorque the crown bolts but this doesn't seem to help much. Has anyone had this problem and were you able to fix it? Thanks

·
Registered
317 Posts
Crown bolts? The stantions are pressed into the crown as is the steerer tube so there's nothing to re-torque. If you mean the top caps those won't do anything about the creaking. I would say be sure your headset is greased and has the proper tension. Same for all the bolts on the stem and lock on grips if you have them. If that doesn't help you're out of luck.

That said I have known of lots of creaking marzocchi's...doesn't seem to be an issue other than being annoying. (I know anything but a silent bike annoys the hell outta me!)

·
Registered
480 Posts
I have 3 buddies still using the 2003 Z1 FR forks (HSCV), and yes all three have developed a creak, some are louder than the other. You can hear it when you brake hard on the front brake...To some this maybe a big deal, especially if it's new, but they're still rocking the same forks creaks and all, no casualties so far.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.