Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to bikes etc but I have this terrible creak in what I thought was my LH pedal, so I removed it cleaned threads on crank and pedal, degreased and its still creaking under load. There is a little bit of play in the pedal. However I tried a different pedal also and there is a bit of play in that too, and its making the same noise under load... a bit confused as to what the problem is if both pedals are making the same noise, I'm thinking maybe its somewhere else on the bike. As I said though I am quite new and also confused, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Since you're "new to bikes", you may not know, but do you have a press fit or threaded bottom bracket (BB)? Creaks under load can be common with the BB. The approach to address BB creak is a little different for each. At the very least, and as a first step, clean around the BB with a brush. For me, that fixes creaks most of the time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.