Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's raining super hard right now, I finished my ride just in time. Anyone get caught? I hope the hiker that yelled at me this morning is ok...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
My kids are at the beach in Incline and just talked to them and it is nice there. Where is this picture taken?

At least the trails be nice in that area! Leaving tomorrow afternoon for there!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Makes sense as they said it looked pretty dark across lake. How was Toads? Have never ridden it but hoping to over next 2 weeks while there.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okie Dokie said:
Makes sense as they said it looked pretty dark across lake. How was Toads? Have never ridden it but hoping to over next 2 weeks while there.
Very sandy as usual and lots of people. Should be nicer tomorrow morning with this rain.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
When is your vacation over? From your posts looks like you have been riding pretty much every day....and not any strolls around the park rides either.

If you are around next week and want to ride let me know. I am up for pretty much anything.

·
go fast, pull up
57 Posts
Just barley got back to Spooner parking in time. The thunder and rain was just setting in on the bench. We rescued somebody from the summit. His car was at Kingsbury and he was wary about going back over the summit to get there. At least the temps dropped nicely for the way back though!

·
Crazed Country Rebel
6,345 Posts
nutballchamp said:
It's raining super hard right now, I finished my ride just in time. Anyone get caught? I hope the hiker that yelled at me this morning is ok...
Was in Markleeville this afternoon when the storms started up. We drove back to Highland Lakes where we were camping and the storms followed us.

Came home a day early.

·
commie
245 Posts
We were on the Delta all day and the cumulonimbus that was popping up over the crest of the Sierras was crazy big in the afternoon.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
We must of saw you, we JUST got in the car when it started pouring. We did toads and shuttled armstrong and sidewinder twice. Man we were lucky to get out of there just in time, that hail was insane!

·
-_-
4,749 Posts
*From what I heard at least it didn't snow on this one like the stray storm 5 years ago in SouthLake. It was funny going back towards Kyburtz with one of the only vehicles allowed to pass with MT's and 4wd.

People forget the rule about "Hey, it is tahoe after all."
:p

·
Registered
6,151 Posts
Finished my ride by noon, it was nice digging and planting in the rain it was pretty darn warm.

Hop Wherewolf doing Rose to Kingsbury didn't get to soaked.

·
mtbr dismember
6,988 Posts
Missed it!

TahoeBC said:
Hop Wherewolf doing Rose to Kingsbury didn't get to soaked.
Great ride and although we felt threatened much of Kingsbury, we never got more than a few raindrops. Spooner Summit to the Bench was a killer, but I really perked up after that. Great ride and we found a fantastic way down to the BK! Just got home and I'm tired. Photos Sunday (err later today), here are the stats: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/41700035

·
Registered
6,151 Posts
And it's raining again, plan on hitting Armstong to toads this afternoon after the lighting stops, hopefully it will be a bit more tacky

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Why dont you hang around the house today TahoeBC and ride it with me tomorrow? I give you a doctors note I promise :)

·
Registered
6,151 Posts
Okie Dokie said:
Why dont you hang around the house today TahoeBC and ride it with me tomorrow? I give you a doctors note I promise :)
Ah, wish I could cause riding in South lake is gonna be good tomorrow, might even try a dawn patrol before work on connector/Sidewinder. BTW if your a doctor, I got some scripts that need filling ;)

Changed my plans based on my neighbors report that dropping down Armstrong was really good today so I got a drop off at Big Meadows and was headed toward Freel Meadow with the intention of dropping down to Armstrong. Got to the top of Toads and a Thunder Boom almost knocked me out of my SPD's so I decided to head down Toads as it started to rain, it just kept getting better and better, finally half way down I was soaked enough that I needed a jacket. Conditions on Toads were good to very good, but based on the Big black cloud over by Armstrong I bet that area got twice as much moisture.

Get it if you can in the AM!

·
V-Shaped Rut
3,178 Posts
Great day out today. I started up to the bench from spooner but been on heavy allergy meds all week and didn't have my normal legs. Ah well, it rained like crazy and it got some pollen out of the air so it's all good

1 - 20 of 20 Posts